Tortoises in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy_Canuk

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I just have a question. I have looked online, and can't seem to find anything much about Torts in Canada, other than a few rescue groups. I haven't seen torts at any pet stores (I would prefer a private adoption anyway) so,my question is, does anyone know how to get a Tort in Southern Ontario? Can I bring one from the US to Canada?
Thanks for any help you can give :)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
If you CAN bring one in from the US, then you know I've got you covered! LOL! We can find you someone around here! But I hope you can find something near you, that would really be the easiest for you!

olgas

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
when we lived in Canada, we imported some leopard tortoises...It can be done. And we moved to the States with them, no problem.
You have to apply for the permits and inspection, and the person sending the tortoises needs to also have the permits to export.
You can try Port Credit pet shop. We use to go there a lot, and they often had tortoises....and they import, so at the very least, they'll help you know what's involved. Grant use to be the owner (don't know if he still is, but I suspect so), and he was a really nice guy.
Olga

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Check out Adoptions thread. Anji posted about one in London, Ont.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Dude Kim! Get that Redfoot and bring him to me!!! I'll get you a Russian and we can swap! ROFL!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
You need to google tortoise kijiji - I did this and it seemed that there were a lot of listings in Canada. Maybe you can find something this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.