Tortoise Town

Brian Nicoleau

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
they only answered and called me after I left comments all over the internet for public view. I am glad though that I am here so from the day one Herbie gets everything he needs. I am sure he would be gone if not all the help I got here.
for me it started out rough because i wasnt prepared to take care of a redfoot but then this forum gave me help on what i should buy and then i had to spend all my 180 on stuff for the tortoise but im good now i got my enclosure closed chamber im having a bit of trouble with humidity but im doing fine

AgataP

Seattle, WA
for me it started out rough because i wasnt prepared to take care of a redfoot but then this forum gave me help on what i should buy and then i had to spend all my 180 on stuff for the tortoise but im good now i got my enclosure closed chamber im having a bit of trouble with humidity but im doing fine

I am ok spending the money - I know animals cost money. I was ready to spend about 1000$ for a set up because I know that pet stores never, ever have stuff that you actually need. It’s all sh*%(sorry) to suck the money out of a person who didn’t do the research.
I am already collecting stuff from friends for future enclosures. For example my friend has a huuuge plexiglass sheet - I already reserved that ??

Anyways point is - I will never buy from them again and I will be posting google review. My reviews usually do well like this one for an example ???
64342475-4009-4144-AE99-8924528F1556.png
Morale of the story is DONT BUY FROM TORTOISE TOWN

pcrealty

Wynnewood
Hello everyone, after less than a month of owning my sulcata hatchling from tortoise town, and $300+ of vet bills, I’m going to go ahead and advise you not to order from tortoise town. While they have an almost perfect review score online, i have heard nothing but heartache from their customers. Their website looks proffesional, yet they use copy righted photos that do not belong to them- of tortoises that aren’t theirs. They may answer your questions with smiles and seemingly helpful (but incorrect) information- but they are nothing but crooks. They raise sick tortoises, and sell them off at crazy prices. After several messages to them about how my Tortoise is withering away, they have not so much as bat an eye at my problems. If you want a healthy Animal, contact the mods on here, or check the vendor reviews. I might loose my Innocent baby tortoises to symptoms that could’ve been prevented if they cared about their animals in the slightest. Thanks for your time.
I was ripped off too, i ordered a MALE Eastern Hermann and eight months later a tortoise expertise looked at my tortoise's pictures and stated it was 100% female. Additionally, I was charged $10.00 for sex preference and never received my tortoise calcium vitamins. When I called them, they said they would give me a fifty dollars credit for the next order.

Kothy

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Connecticut
I too purchased my two Cherry heads from Tortoise town, I had a bad experience with waiting for the tortoise set up, Waited a month. I called, emailed nothing. They finally heard from them. They said my supplies were stuck in China. Anyway the set up arrived and then two days later my Charlie arrived. So far he/she is doing fine, eating and pooping. But thanks to all you guys things that might go wrong didn't. I then received Rizzo a week after Charlie. I didn't know you should not have two, Charlie was smaller then Rizzo and stopped eating. Once I separated them into two separate tubs,and uped the humidity, they seem to be fine, both eating /pooping. Now I worry that I will find one gone. Wish I knew about tortoise town before. I also learned a lot fro Kamp Kenan on utube.

palatialregalia

Las Vegas, NV
Well, my heart is racing right now. I'm currently waiting on a pancake hatchling from tortoise town and my experience with the company is already negative. The pancake and supplies should've arrived on 9/15, but I picked up the package earlier today (9/16) and the tortoise was missing. I'm not kidding..they only sent supplies via UPS overnight. I called the cell phone number and asked what the heck happened, and the man who answered said it is company policy to send out the supplies before sending out the tortoise. It was painfully obvious that he was lying to me while trying to make up a terrible excuse for the blatant oversight. The baby better be here tomorrow, 9/17, as was promised by the same man, but even so, I will still never use their services again because of what I've already experienced and the contents of this forum. I will update tomorrow.

pcrealty

Wynnewood
Well, my heart is racing right now. I'm currently waiting on a pancake hatchling from tortoise town and my experience with the company is already negative. The pancake and supplies should've arrived on 9/15, but I picked up the package earlier today (9/16) and the tortoise was missing. I'm not kidding..they only sent supplies via UPS overnight. I called the cell phone number and asked what the heck happened, and the man who answered said it is company policy to send out the supplies before sending out the tortoise. It was painfully obvious that he was lying to me while trying to make up a terrible excuse for the blatant oversight. The baby better be here tomorrow, 9/17, as was promised by the same man, but even so, I will still never use their services again because of what I've already experienced and the contents of this forum. I will update tomorrow.
First, supplies generally do not go out UPS overnight, it is very expensive. UPS overnight is reserved for shipping the live tortoises. As a retired State Police Officer, I find this matter suspicious. I suggest that if your pancake tortoise does not arrive, place a reverse payment with your credit card company, ASAP.

I personally had negative experiences with Tortoise Town, where they did not ship my supplies till this date, eight months later. In addition, I did receive the Eastern Hermann tortoise, but I paid $10.00 extra for a MALE tortoise and it was later discovered to be a FEMALE. Then they would not refund me and stated, I will give you $50.00 credit on the next order. Why would I order again from this non reputable company?

pcrealty

Wynnewood
Hi there - Has anyone here worked with / order from Tortoise Town? They're Abscome, NJ, and my concern is that their web and facebook reviews are all relatively new.
I ordered from them, however they are full of tricks. Missing items in the order, wrong sexed tortoises and nothing is guaranteed. It is only future partial credit. Stay away from them.

palatialregalia

Las Vegas, NV
First, supplies generally do not go out UPS overnight, it is very expensive. UPS overnight is reserved for shipping the live tortoises. As a retired State Police Officer, I find this matter suspicious. I suggest that if your pancake tortoise does not arrive, place a reverse payment with your credit card company, ASAP.

I personally had negative experiences with Tortoise Town, where they did not ship my supplies till this date, eight months later. In addition, I did receive the Eastern Hermann tortoise, but I paid $10.00 extra for a MALE tortoise and it was later discovered to be a FEMALE. Then they would not refund me and stated, I will give you $50.00 credit on the next order. Why would I order again from this non reputable company?

Update: I never received tracking information yesterday evening for the pancake that was supposed to arrive today. I called them 16 times (no exaggeration) this morning trying to find out why nothing has been done since our phone call yesterday. All 16 calls went to voicemail and, after leaving two polite messages inquiring about my tortoise, I ended up leaving a final voicemail cancelling my order and demanding a refund in full. Additionally, I filed a complaint with the BBB today detailing this issue and the general consensus among users in this forum regarding both the poor animal welfare/health issues and unethical business practices.

pcrealty

Wynnewood
photo

Tortoise Support <[email protected]>
To:pETER
Wed, Sep 2 at 5:09 PM

Peter,

I wanted to do a follow up. Unfortunately our system does not let us go past 6 months on the financial end of our orders. We are extremely sorry to inform you of this but we are will to give you $50 of your next future order. I hope this can and will make up for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Eight months later a tortoise expert told me I had a female tortoise instead of a male tortoise. I paid extra to receive a MALE tortoise. I requested a refund.

In addition, I did not get the tortoise vitamins and paid $9.95.

Here was my order:

Hi Peter,

Just to let you know — we've received your order #52968, and it is now being processed:

[Order #5296] (December 30, 2019)
ProductQuantityPrice
Eastern Hermann's tortoise for sale - cb well started baby
  • Sex ($10.00):
    Male
  • Tortoise Diet & Food ($9.95):
    Reptocal Calcium
1$269.90
Subtotal:$269.90
Discount:-$26.99
Shipping:$39.95 via Shipping
Payment method:Credit card
Total:$282.86

silverbird

Orange County, California
WOW-they are giving you a $50 credit; so they can get a second chance to take advantage of you. I hear plenty of excuses from them, and would check with the FBI regarding internet fraud being done by them.

pcrealty

Wynnewood
WOW-they are giving you a $50 credit; so they can get a second chance to take advantage of you. I hear plenty of excuses from them, and would check with the FBI regarding internet fraud being done by them.
Google reviews just deleted Tortoise Town views. They are not rated anymore on Google and I write negative reviews on them with You Tube. Tortoise Town website appears professional, however they cheat customers numerous times. Avoid Them!

silverbird

Orange County, California
Unfortunately places like Tortoise Town, and there are several others like them; give a bad name to those that are trying to do the right thing. We need to keep on reminding people of this problem; so new member of the Forum are also aware of it.

pcrealty

Wynnewood
From a Tortoise Expert:

Thank you for expert knowledge on tortoises. I enjoy reading your technical information on Hermann's on YouTube and your web sites. I currently have what I believe to be a
Eastern Hermann Tortoise - MALE. Please verify for me, see below picture attachments.

Perhaps, I wish to breed the Eastern Hermann Tortoises when they turn adults.

Now, I wish to purchase an Eastern Hermann - Captive Bred - Tortoise - FEMALE - Well Started Baby.

What are your prices and terms? If available, I wish a colorful and healthy Eastern Hermann baby female.

Thank you for your email.

You actually have an eastern Hermann’s FEMALE. I am 100% sure of that.

So, you’ll want a well started baby male.

Attachments

• male vs female tortoises.jpg
    male vs female tortoises.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Eastern Hermann Bottom View.jpg
    Eastern Hermann Bottom View.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 16

pcrealty

Wynnewood
From a Tortoise Expert:

Thank you for expert knowledge on tortoises. I enjoy reading your technical information on Hermann's on YouTube and your web sites. I currently have what I believe to be a
Eastern Hermann Tortoise - MALE. Please verify for me, see below picture attachments.

Now, I wish to purchase an Eastern Hermann - Captive Bred - Tortoise - FEMALE - Well Started Baby.

What are your prices and terms? If available, I wish a colorful and healthy Eastern Hermann baby female.

Tortoise Town is not reputable to business with, AVOID THEM!

pcrealty

Wynnewood
From a Tortoise Expert:

The "V" shape on the plastrom are for the females. The curved "C" shaped are for the males.

pcrealty

Wynnewood
I just received my tortoise (Hermann’s) yesterday morning(Friday) after THREE DAYS of her being missing in shipping. Contacted Tortoise Town and they said she should have arrived Tuesday and to contact UPS. She arrived in horrible packaging and was severely dehydrated. Today she’s doing much better from what I can tell but she’s my first tortoise and I’m terrified I’ll go through what the people in this forum have.
Very Negative Purchase Experiences with Tortoise Town

YukdaTortoise

California
Thank you SO much for writing this forum I was leaning toward buying from Tortoise Town because they really did look like a good business saying they had a biologist on their team I am glad I didn't spend $300 on a sick tortoise, but I do hope that the tortoises they own get better and find a home so they can live a better life! :(

pcrealty

Wynnewood
Thank you SO much for writing this forum I was leaning toward buying from Tortoise Town because they really did look like a good business saying they had a biologist on their team I am glad I didn't spend $300 on a sick tortoise, but I do hope that the tortoises they own get better and find a home so they can live a better life! :(
Try Garden State Tortoise - look under surplus: https://www.hermannihaven.com/surplus