Tortoise Town

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
I bought from Andrew and from Jay, all great experiences. Jay is a wonderful friendly person i would always buy from (responds quick by messenger fb). I got a Pyxis a.a from him absolutely stunning animal very healthy and active until now. Have it since 6 months. I know Andrew since a long time and i bought recently greek tortoises which are doing well. Andrew is very nice and I had never issues with him.

jwking

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I bought my first "leopard" from TortoiseTown and the poor little guy died one week after receiving. It wasn't a leopard and they sold it as a female even though there is no way they could have known what gender it was as it was only a few weeks old. I then went to Arizona Tortoise Compound and Andrew helped me pick out my beautiful healthy hatchling. He is growing like a weed, healthy, curious, and not shy at all. DO NOT BUY FROM TORTOISE TOWN. Here is a photo of my little happy leoard.

Attachments

• IMG_D8072AABBB42-1.jpeg
    IMG_D8072AABBB42-1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38

Baby12345

Lawrenceville
Same here. Irdered mine wen. They shouldn't ship till Monday bc it was cold. Shipped but they forgot the food. It was "ok" for 3 days. Wouldn't open its eyes, it died in two days.
The co. # is a cell phone. Fake site with every one else pics. Guy wont answer calls or text. Guy didnt send my food. My niece is heartbroken bc she thought she did something wrong.

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
I bought my first "leopard" from TortoiseTown and the poor little guy died one week after receiving. It wasn't a leopard and they sold it as a female even though there is no way they could have known what gender it was as it was only a few weeks old. I then went to Arizona Tortoise Compound and Andrew helped me pick out my beautiful healthy hatchling. He is growing like a weed, healthy, curious, and not shy at all. DO NOT BUY FROM TORTOISE TOWN. Here is a photo of my little happy leoard.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Tortoise town does advertise a lot on fauna. He has a very!!! bad reputation and i'm sorry you had to go through that.

Catiandria

Dover, Florida
Oh my goodness, my heart goes out to everyone here. I too bought my Indian Star from Tortoise Town in April of 2017. I got him when he was 1 month old. They overnight shipped him through FedEx. When I opened the box right as he arrived he was upside down in the box. The keep up sticker was upside down or he was packaged incorrectly. He was also ICE cold. I live in Florida so it was not cold outside, low 80's at the least. Supposedly he was shipped with heating pads but there was no warmth whatsoever in his container. He would not eat or drink so I took to grinding up Mazuri pellets in my mortar and adding water to make a paste and he gobbled it up, it also helped me make sure he was getting enough water. I also had to finely chop prickly pear cactus for him to eat and he LOVED that. He definitely took a lot of attention and care the first 6 months which I just assumed was because he was just 1 month old. He was my first experience with a tortoise and now I seem that I may have gotten incredibly lucky that he survived. He just turned 3 on March 17th. My heart goes out to everyone with the attachments they made and the loss that followed. Attached is a picture of him around 2 to 3 months old and a photo taken today. A group member already advised me on the sand so that will be getting fixed but its just his daytime outdoor enclosure0101jpeg.jpg so I will be keeping him indoors until I fix my native soil.

Attachments

• dsc_0667.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
FYI I've heard that CBreptiles and Tortoise Town are the same company.

vkpaone

NJ
Hi everyone. I saw this review as I was searching for somewhere to purchase a small turtle for my daughter. I know this is a tortoise forum; however, I was hoping someone may know of a reputable breeder for turtles? We have been looking for a while now and I am hesitant due to mixed reviews. thank you!
I purchased a tortoise almost a year ago and they told me NOT in stock and would send another that wasn't ready yet. Still NO TORTOISE OR MONEY! They won't return my calls or emails! OUT $375!!!!!! I've Been SCAMMED!!!!!!!

AJ457

New York
I wish I would have found this forum earlier. I recently purchased a baby tortoise from Tortoise Town; a not so good experience so far, very little to no communication form these guys. Didn't receive a shipping confirmation until I reached out to my credit card company. Within 20 mins after disputing the charge, I received e-mail & text UPS tracking information. Now, I just hope that to get a healthy tortoise.
If the tortoise does make it here, are there any helpful suggestion anyone one on this forum can provide me with, any information would be gladly appreciated. This tortoise is a gift for my daughter, we would both be devastated if it was sick and died prematurely. Thanks in advance for any advice...

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
FYI I've heard that CBreptiles and Tortoise Town are the same company.
They are definitely the same place behind the scenes.

I bought Ghido from there and they jerked me around for 2 weeks saying the warehouse flooded and they can't send him yet. I took a whole week off so I could be there when he came, but that plan was ruined. I had to change my shipping info to my work so I could be there to take him home ? they also said they'd send a bag of mazuri for the inconvenience and never did.
I never got a shipping notification either so it was a complete surprise as I was working to get a little package set on my counter. Not cool. Thankfully I could rush home and get him into his enclosure i had set up. They also told me my baby Leo should be kept at 50% humidity with one quick spike into 80%. And I'm 90% sure he was a lot younger than they told me he was. Do not buy from there. Super shady

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
I also wish I would have seen this thread before buying my leopard yearling. I actually bought from CBReptile.com which is Tortoise Town, my Papal payment went to Tortoise Town. My actual overall experience with them was not bad, they were very responsive to my questions over email and the transaction and shipping of my tortoise was as expected. I even bought something from them that they weren't able to ship and the credited me the amount so I could buy it locally. As for my new tortoise, when it arrived it was almost 10 months, about 80 grams and already had some pyramiding. I've had my tortoise for about three months now and he is up to 137 grams so he is gaining weight at a decent clip and I am keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't have any issues. Hopefully I will be one of the lucky ones and not have to endure the pain that others have with their babies.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I also wish I would have seen this thread before buying my leopard yearling. I actually bought from CBReptile.com which is Tortoise Town, my Papal payment went to Tortoise Town. My actual overall experience with them was not bad, they were very responsive to my questions over email and the transaction and shipping of my tortoise was as expected. I even bought something from them that they weren't able to ship and the credited me the amount so I could buy it locally. As for my new tortoise, when it arrived it was almost 10 months, about 80 grams and already had some pyramiding. I've had my tortoise for about three months now and he is up to 137 grams so he is gaining weight at a decent clip and I am keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't have any issues. Hopefully I will be one of the lucky ones and not have to endure the pain that others have with their babies.
So far mine is going well too, but I will always worry until he gains more weight. He's only 58g now at supposedly 7 1/2 months. We'll just have to see... he is gaining though so thats good

StaffordC

San Luis Obispo, CA
I really wish that I would have seen this post BEFORE I ordered from Tortoise Town. I just received my Ibera Greek hatchling today, and after reading all of these posts, I am just praying that he is going to be ok. I am a first time tortoise owner, so I don't really know what to look for in a tortoise to see if he is sick, or not doing the normal things that he is supposed to be doing. I received him this morning, and he spent most of the day today under his basking lamp and sleeping( I am assuming this is normal because he was just shipped from NJ to CA which i'm sure is traumatic). He walked around his enclosure I set up for him a couple of times to explore his new surroundings, and he would go to his terra cotta saucer to drink water periodically. He didn't eat anything today, but I am hoping that he will tomorrow. When I unboxed him, I let him soak in 85 degree water for 15-20 minutes to drink his fill of water. If anyone can tell me some specific things to look out for to see if he is ill in any way, that would be greatly appreciated!

LexiPrather524

Illinois
Best of wishes. Mine started out looking fine and almost instantly just dropped. Within a week he became deathly ill.
I just received my tortoise (Hermann’s) yesterday morning(Friday) after THREE DAYS of her being missing in shipping. Contacted Tortoise Town and they said she should have arrived Tuesday and to contact UPS. She arrived in horrible packaging and was severely dehydrated. Today she’s doing much better from what I can tell but she’s my first tortoise and I’m terrified I’ll go through what the people in this forum have.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
I got a golden greek from them. For the first few weeks he was totally fine. He had a great appetite, was active, and seemed perfectly healthy. Then one day he literally just dropped, he died within a few days. I was absolutely heartbroken. I got another one people here recommended and he has been healthy ever since

Do not buy from Tortoise Town!!!

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
this may be very late but i got a tortoise a redfoot female and it took 3 weeks to get it because they ran out but shes doing very good

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Yeah it seemed so legit with all the tortoises prices discounts etc I thought it was very legit which they do send the tortoise but most of them are sick well lucky I got one that wasn’t sick and they just order them from a random breeder they told be it would take 3 weeks just to get one tortoise and then they said it would come and that it came etc

AgataP

Seattle, WA
As many members know that is where I got my tortoise from - he is well now but I just read this post and my heart is pumping and I am about to have an anxiety attack thinking that something is going to happen to him ... ?
I am hoping he is gonna stay healthy and that he was young enough that not much damage occurred if any.
I was already freaking out because he lost 1g ( he ? a lot ?). Overall I would not recommend the site - never answered the phone after shipping a tortoise. I am just hoping for the best and giving a proper care to my little guy.