Tortoise taken from zoo

EdMurphy

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Unfortunately I Doubt that’s the type of person that will give it better care than the zoo did. If they felt that they could there were a lot better ways to go about it.

Brit G

Texas
That is beyond saddening. The link did not work for me, by the way

EdMurphy

Minnesota
Someone stole an elongated tortoise from the Ellen Trout Zoo sometime after 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, according to the Lufkin Police Department.

The narrative of the Lufkin PD offense report stated that an LPD officer was dispatched out to the zoo Monday to take a theft report.

After the officer arrived at the zoo, Celia Falzone, the general curator of the Ellen Trout Zoo, told him that sometime after 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, someone stole an elongated tortoise. Falzone said that she believed that someone reached over the concrete barrier of the display and stole the tortoise.

The tortoise has an estimated value of $200, the offense report stated.

Copyright 2018 KTRE. All rights reserved.

N

no one

Pfff, and nobody saw that?!? Poor Elongata... stupid people are everywhere. Bah!!

Reactions: orv

Brit G

Texas
Wow, I have been to Lufkin so many times. Right near Jasper. Small world. Truly hope they track down the perpetrator and return the tortoise...

Bambam1989

East Texas
Someone stole an elongated tortoise from the Ellen Trout Zoo sometime after 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, according to the Lufkin Police Department.

The narrative of the Lufkin PD offense report stated that an LPD officer was dispatched out to the zoo Monday to take a theft report.

After the officer arrived at the zoo, Celia Falzone, the general curator of the Ellen Trout Zoo, told him that sometime after 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, someone stole an elongated tortoise. Falzone said that she believed that someone reached over the concrete barrier of the display and stole the tortoise.

The tortoise has an estimated value of $200, the offense report stated.

Copyright 2018 KTRE. All rights reserved.
That's my hometown!