Tortoise table

Kirkyyy

Location (City and/or State)
Hemel
I brought a Sulcatas tortoise 2 weeks ago roughly 6 months old I got told to change the enclosure to get pelletstraw and wouldn’t need humidity so got rid of the humidifier and changed

just the other day I got told to change back to orchid bark and coconut coir and get humidity levels correctly up to 70%

his light is 160w Arcadia d3 basking light approx 28 cm from floor 4ftx2ft table he loves to sleep and bask asleep

temp reading is 90 Fahrenheit at day with cold spot at 73 Fahrenheit night time drops to 77 Fahrenheit picture of enclosure

679172A7-69B2-40C8-92DE-101B5EB16EB4.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I brought a Sulcatas tortoise 2 weeks ago roughly 6 months old I got told to change the enclosure to get pelletstraw and wouldn’t need humidity so got rid of the humidifier and changed

just the other day I got told to change back to orchid bark and coconut coir and get humidity levels correctly up to 70%

his light is 160w Arcadia d3 basking light approx 28 cm from floor 4ftx2ft table he loves to sleep and bask asleep

temp reading is 90 Fahrenheit at day with cold spot at 73 Fahrenheit night time drops to 77 Fahrenheit picture of enclosure
You've received a mix of all bad info. Open topped enclosure can't work, your temps are way too cool, and that bulb is going to make them pyramid terribly.

I know this is confusing and you are getting lots of contradictory info, but here is the current and correct care info. Almost everything else you find is going to be some version of the old wrong info. Questions are welcome.