Ben1233546

5 Year Member
I'm currently in the process of constructing a new table for my red foot tortoise. I'm going to put in a uvb fluorescent tube but I'm having a problem with actual figuring how to fix the tube to the table. I don't want to use a fixed plastic tube holder as they're heavy, limit how long a tube can be and can limit how low the light can go.

I was hoping to hang it from a piece of wood going across the table and using free hanging plugs to power the light and put something to reflect the uvb light. Here is an example of what I'm talking about, does anyone else have/know a similar setup and can share their pics, thanks.

6f6d6af2e61f0657da72c5456de704d6.jpg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
How old is the redfoot gonna be when you get them. Babies need high heat and humidity so a closed chamber is best

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm currently in the process of constructing a new table for my red foot tortoise. I'm going to put in a uvb fluorescent tube but I'm having a problem with actual figuring how to fix the tube to the table. I don't want to use a fixed plastic tube holder as they're heavy, limit how long a tube can be and can limit how low the light can go.

I was hoping to hang it from a piece of wood going across the table and using free hanging plugs to power the light and put something to reflect the uvb light. Here is an example of what I'm talking about, does anyone else have/know a similar setup and can share their pics, thanks.

6f6d6af2e61f0657da72c5456de704d6.jpg
I'm not sure how effective a reflector would be for actual UVB.
I would suggest using two if required.(With the limited knowledge I have)
And I totally agree with @Blackdog1714 that a CLOSED CHAMBER is what you need for a Redfoot.
Redfoot don't require as much UVB or harsh lighting.
Just warmth of 77-87 and LOTS of humidity.