Tortoise sleeping pattern?

12abeckett

Location (City and/or State)
Bristol
Hi guys I am a new owner of a 7 month old Hermann tortoise. Recently her sleeping pattern has been very strange. Some days she will sleep in until very late in the afternoon and some days she will be awake as soon as her light comes on. Some days she will only be active for a couple of hours. I ensure to turn her lights on everyday at the same time. Should I be concerned about this or is it normal? Should I wake her up if she sleeps too long? Please help! TIA

Reactions: ISU

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
I think it’s ok. Just recheck all your temps but if everything is good I wouldn’t worry. My torts sometime sleep in and occasionally one of them will just forget to wake up at all! I really don’t like it when that happens so I wake him up if he’s not awake by 2 pm but that’s just me. It’s probably fine but I worry.

12abeckett

Bristol
I think it’s ok. Just recheck all your temps but if everything is good I wouldn’t worry. My torts sometime sleep in and occasionally one of them will just forget to wake up at all! I really don’t like it when that happens so I wake him up if he’s not awake by 2 pm but that’s just me. It’s probably fine but I worry.
Thank you! I will recheck the temperatures now ?