Tortoise Shell Growth

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
Hellooo,

I was wondering if anybody happened to have any diagrams, labelled pictures or examples of identifying new smooth growth on torts?

Bit of a weird question - but I feel like alot of the more experienced members comment a lot on shell growth and whether it’s new or old, pyramiding or whether it WAS pyramiding but is now starting to smooth out and I’d love to gain some of that knowledge myself.

I’d just like to also say that I know pyramiding is completely cosmetic, and this isn’t why I’m asking, more so me just wanting to expand my knowledge to better my tortoise care.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
London, UK
Hellooo,

I was wondering if anybody happened to have any diagrams, labelled pictures or examples of identifying new smooth growth on torts?

Bit of a weird question - but I feel like alot of the more experienced members comment a lot on shell growth and whether it’s new or old, pyramiding or whether it WAS pyramiding but is now starting to smooth out and I’d love to gain some of that knowledge myself.

I’d just like to also say that I know pyramiding is completely cosmetic, and this isn’t why I’m asking, more so me just wanting to expand my knowledge to better my tortoise care.
It's very easy there is a different colour. Post a picture of your tortoise and another with the top scutes. It does take time so assuming you have correct heat, humidity, light, diet and environment. Also keep a diary and weight them weekly or monthly it is a lovely record and a great way to track growth.