TORTOISE RESCUE NETWORK

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
They will be moving soon and are sorta looking for the highest bidder. But as I said, he told me he would sell to me for what he paid, $200.00. I was thinking it would be best to save it from the “cool pet" public.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Not sure if we can, he is in Canada. Do we have anyone out that way? We don't even have a price... I will try to contact Erica.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Like I said I'm a few hours drive (5-8) I have everything I would need for setup it would be just finding a price for just him. I'm going to talk to him see if I can't talk him. Into handing him over and just selling his enclosure to make whatever money he is trying for

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like a good plan! Keep us posted as to what is happening. Please.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Will do I sent an other e-mail today. And I will let you know what the reply if any is and go from there

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
OK, that would be good. I would say that you have everything for him and have the resources to care for him. And what you just said. Hopefully the will just surrender him to you. He looks like he needs some attention ASAP...

Redari

5 Year Member
Alberta, Canada
I just read through this and it seems there are not a lot of options to rescue torts in Canada. I was looking at my local classifieds to make sure there weren't any tortoises near me that were desperate and came across this: http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-pets-to-give-or-donate-Turtle-and-Tortoise-RESCUE-W0QQAdIdZ457950634. I'm not vouching for them as I've only seen this add, just bringing it to the attention of the TRN if anyone is looking for a way to help a tort in Canada.

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
Cowboy_Ken said:
They will be moving soon and are sorta looking for the highest bidder. But as I said, he told me he would sell to me for what he paid, $200.00. I was thinking it would be best to save it from the “cool pet" public.

Ken, I forgot all about the TRN since it's not on the main forums page, and I just found it and read back a couple of pages to see what I've missed. Your post was 6 weeks ago, so it's probably way too late to help. Did you get this guy?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
EllieN said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

Ken, I forgot all about the TRN since it's not on the main forums page, and I just found it and read back a couple of pages to see what I've missed. Your post was 6 weeks ago, so it's probably way too late to help. Did you get this guy?

No. I couldn't justify the money. I mean I can justify, but can't spend it.

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
No. I couldn't justify the money. I mean I can justify, but can't spend it.
[/quote]

Is he still available?