tortoise rescue fund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
Hey, I have always wondered if someone on here finds a tortoise that needs to be rescued or taken from its habitat its in at the moment. ex. the redfoot at niagara falls rainforest cafe that was very poorly cared for. but say the tortoise was forsale and the person couldnt afford to pay for it to save. would we come together and all pitch in a few bucks or raise some funds or something so who ever it was seen a tortoise in need could rescue it?

Ive always wondered that. just wondering though.

thanks Tyler

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Has happened before...but the Forum is not set up designed for that....it is a group momentum that occurs.... :D

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
well ya wasnt so much being forum based just alot of help from the people on the forum you know what i mean.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
theres a sulcata in a one foot long by 4 inch wide terrarium stuffed with rocks its brutal im hoping someone soon buys him

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is a noble cause, but if someone doesn't have a few bucks to buy the tortoise, where are they going to get the money for vet bills, food, housing, electricity, supplies, etc..?

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
well I think I only said that because a leo in canada is around 550 to 750. its more of the spending out right for the person with other bills i know they over monthly plans. ok for example lets use me i couldnt afford to buy another out right full price. Say they random gave it to me free I have money to spend on everything else just not spending 750 all at one time i think is the issue. All my money goes into my creatures including my girlfriend hahaha. I know the vet here does treat tortoises and do offer a monthly payment. food isnt very costly for me i always have some. Housing easily got very low cost i have a massive tank in my basement. supplies goes into all my money goes to my creatures and my girlfriend. But thats just me I have it all planned on how i can care for my things or if i was able to take anything else in just cant spend that amount all at one time if you understand that. like i said thats just me i dont know how others can handle giving care.

Status
Not open for further replies.