Tortoise owners of Colorado??

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I don't know if you get the same kind of bluebirds we do here. I haven't saw any yet this year. We have a rather large bunch of them thanks to a lot of folks who started putting out those birdhouses on their pasture fence posts. Not so many years back they were pretty rare in this area.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well this morning I did see our bluebirds. :) A group of about eight of them. With the strong winds we are having today, they may end up being blowed all the way down to Texas. :D

hturner

5 Year Member
I live in the Denver metro area! I'm a fairly new tortoise owner! My Rosie (red foot) was left to us by a neighbor who told me she was a Russian (prob was not taken care of properly)...after some research I determined she was actually a red foot! I am doing whatever I can to make her as happy as I can :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Maybe better she was thought a Russian and cared for that way, then being a Russian cared for as a redfooted.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
How are you guys doing with all the snow and power outages?

sunshyne621

5 Year Member
No power outage for us in Evergreen. But we did get 13 and 1/2 inches of snow!!! All my torts and boxies are indoors still so no issues with them. But my hens were not very happy. ❄️ We have learned some lessons about our coop this winter that we'll new to change this summer for sure!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Did the snow's weight break down their yard fencing? We had that happen one year even though I thought the mesh was big enough for most of the snow to go through.

sunshyne621

5 Year Member
No it didn't, they are in a full enclosure due to the predators we have in the foothills/mountains. We just need to adjust everything so they have much more protected space. Evergreen has much much more snow than Fort Collins. So they need to get a larger cabin for the days that they are snowed in ❄️❄️❄️

Lori99

Anyone in Colorado interested in a greek tortoise? We live in Parker and my daughter is moving out...and not taking her tortoise. We've had her for almost 2 years. I would really like her to go to a good home...hopefully with a buddy. She is alone in a small enclosure. Please reply or call me @ 817-253-6401 (old Texas #...am in Colorado).

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
^ Has also been placed on the adoption section for those interested. Too bad I am not in CO (I am NE) or that hubby isn't driving through the area currently either or I would offer to help out.

sunshyne621

5 Year Member
I meant to post it was taken down late last night. It was a red foot for $100. Living on pine shavings in a small aquarium, but he let it run around the house most days so it really wasn't in his cage much :/ I hope he found a good home. My inn is so full and we are leaving the country soon.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I meant to post it was taken down late last night. It was a red foot for $100. Living on pine shavings in a small aquarium, but he let it run around the house most days so it really wasn't in his cage much :/ I hope he found a good home. My inn is so full and we are leaving the country soon.

Out of country? Where are you going to?

sunshyne621

5 Year Member
Just on vacation for two weeks to Paris and Iceland. I would just feel terrible for my house sitter. I have already added three chicks she wasn't aware of. And then to add a another tortoise in another cage (for quarantine) would just be mean