Tortoise not eating, not pooping.

genetic_code

Location (City and/or State)
Delhi
Nebula has been uninterested in food since one month. He eats little and then runs off to sleep. He seems less active than before for sure. He had symptoms of RI last year but was recovered well. Recently he has started sneezing again but no bubbles can be seen coming out of nose. I see bubbles coming out of his mouth though. That's only happens after soaking or when he's eating food. Initially I thought he's hypersalivating maybe.

It's hot here, outside it's around 100 F, I haven't checked the enclosure temperature recently. I spray once in 2 days, coco peat retains sufficient moisture.

He has not been pooping as well. I think it has been more than 1 week at least. I have kept him separately to check on him.
His sleeping times have increased for sure, i have to hand feed him to encourage his food intake. He has lost a lot of weight as well, 20 g in a months. He weighs 150g now.

Yesterday, he did a weird thing. He wanted to eat this piece of cucumber but he couldn't open his mouth wide enough even after trying few time! His beaks don't look overgrown but he does keep on making the clicking noise.

I couldn't figure out what's happening and can't go to a vet sadly. Hoping I would get some idea about this here. :(IMG_20190529_142017.jpegIMG_20190528_173434.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would keep him inside if you are housing him outside.
I would soak 1-2 times a day in warm water with pureed baby food carrots and pedialyte mixed in the soak water. Keep him warm 80 degrees farenheit day and night and be sure he has a basking spot of 95F.
Cut up any food tiny so he doesnt have too work hard to eat it. Try all kinds of safe foods to try to get him too eat
Good luck.

genetic_code

Delhi
I would keep him inside if you are housing him outside.
I would soak 1-2 times a day in warm water with pureed baby food carrots and pedialyte mixed in the soak water. Keep him warm 80 degrees farenheit day and night and be sure he has a basking spot of 95F.
Cut up any food tiny so he doesnt have too work hard to eat it. Try all kinds of safe foods to try to get him too eat
Good luck.
Today I noticed that he pooped mucous, I noticed it because he wasn't in water at that time. It was transparent and had gel like consistency. I might have not seen it before as he might be pooping in water. I fed him cucumber day before.
Any idea what could cause this?