Tortoise Newbie Saying Hello!!!

Meghan0516

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
Hello! My name is Meghan and I'm very new to owning a tortoise. I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area and my boyfriend and I made the decision to get a tortoise for our home. We're very excited but don't know a lot about them! I have a hatchling of what I think is a Sulcata but I don't know for sure. Any advice is very appreciated and I look forward to exploring this forum!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Post a pic and we can't ID it. Then you can follow the caresheet for the species you have and get species specific help.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
When one of my boys was real little Squirtle was his favorite Pokemon. This made me remember the way he would walk around all the time and growl "Squirtle, squirtle" in his best impersonation of the way Squirtle would do it on the cartoon.

Anyways I think it's a great name. Welcome to the world of Sulcatas. I have three. One that is mine and two that I took in and I'm not sure what to do with yet.

Read the links posted above. In my opinion they are the most important thing you will read about your tortoise.

Meghan0516

Phoenix, Arizona
I read these at least once a week to make sure I'm doing things right! Thanks for sharing them though! :)

Meghan0516

Phoenix, Arizona
When one of my boys was real little Squirtle was his favorite Pokemon. This made me remember the way he would walk around all the time and growl "Squirtle, squirtle" in his best impersonation of the way Squirtle would do it on the cartoon.

Anyways I think it's a great name. Welcome to the world of Sulcatas. I have three. One that is mine and two that I took in and I'm not sure what to do with yet.

Read the links posted above. In my opinion they are the most important thing you will read about your tortoise.
Thank you! And yes, those links are absolutely amazing! I'm so glad I found this forum!