Tortoise neck skin changing color?

hyj1752

Location (City and/or State)
Seoul
My eastern hermann’s tortoise is still a hatchling. He’s under 30g, 5.1cm in SCL, and eats and poops like a champion.

I recently (2 days ago) noticed he’s like peeling a little bit. A bit weird, because it’s not like white dry or flaky as I see from other posts. Just like bits of his head is peeling. I soak him almost daily (has been daily this week) as well as keep temps and humidity high (humidity 70-80%) (temp at 35 basking 29-30 cool zone 24 at night).

Then I notice today the area behind his ear (so his neck) is white! Like cheese or something - there is no growth or anything just the skin. I added photos for reference. His behavior hasn’t changed - should I be worried?

(The brown two dots are bits of coco husk. I don’t like touching his face or ears so I didn’t want to brush it off. I also do not mean the very clear yellow dot (his ear). I mean the stripe of white skin!)

It wasn’t that color usually - it was unanimously dark greenish. Now the top of his head is a bit brown (turning) and then this white spot! :( Im worried. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• F20E147F-9C4F-43D7-8D02-5D8D24D857B0.jpeg
    F20E147F-9C4F-43D7-8D02-5D8D24D857B0.jpeg
    934.9 KB · Views: 47
  • D8CB7D90-A954-42B3-85AC-79A2735535C1.jpeg
    D8CB7D90-A954-42B3-85AC-79A2735535C1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Arlington, MA
How’s your tort doing? Mine is almost four months old and his neck is looking like this (just noticed it today while bonding). Normal shedding ?

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
My eastern hermann’s tortoise is still a hatchling. He’s under 30g, 5.1cm in SCL, and eats and poops like a champion.

I recently (2 days ago) noticed he’s like peeling a little bit. A bit weird, because it’s not like white dry or flaky as I see from other posts. Just like bits of his head is peeling. I soak him almost daily (has been daily this week) as well as keep temps and humidity high (humidity 70-80%) (temp at 35 basking 29-30 cool zone 24 at night).

Then I notice today the area behind his ear (so his neck) is white! Like cheese or something - there is no growth or anything just the skin. I added photos for reference. His behavior hasn’t changed - should I be worried?

(The brown two dots are bits of coco husk. I don’t like touching his face or ears so I didn’t want to brush it off. I also do not mean the very clear yellow dot (his ear). I mean the stripe of white skin!)

It wasn’t that color usually - it was unanimously dark greenish. Now the top of his head is a bit brown (turning) and then this white spot! :( Im worried. Any help is appreciated.
he looks fine to me.