Tortoise Mart??

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
I bet the are quasi legit. Just think along the puppy mill kinda setups. With the innerweb folks can be in their homes and link to people that want to buy. Look at Uber/Lyft and for something to blow your mind check Ourbus- like Uber on Bus sized!. BUT there is now way in heck I would buy even a single plant seed from them. I can only imagine that our just promoting poor animal husbandry.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
This is not a legitimate vendor.

Everything on their website is almost verbatim to tortoisesupply.com, which seems to happen a lot with scammers that make websites. I'm pretty sure I've seen a lot of their pictures elsewhere too. Payment methods are a little unusual as well. I went through the process of adding a greek tortoise to my cart and checking out but got a message saying that there are no available payment methods for my state and to contact them...probably to give them a money transfer or gift card which is the typical scammer tool.

Stay away, or inundate them with emails just to mess with them.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I read thru their terms and conditions. At one point when talking about recieving a sick tort. They say to talk to them first before taking to a vet. Then they say they might be able to remedy. They also state we have a vet here in Las Vegas. Here being the key word. So where are they from?

SPILL

Illinois
I only looked for a couple minutes but this is what I found. Go to tortoisemart.com (tortoises) and check the contact info. Go to psilocybinlounge.com (psychedelic mushrooms) and check the contact info. Go to dankroyal.com (cannabis products) and check the contact info. I can save you the trouble and let you know they're all using the same phone number. They're also located in both Texas and Nevada but the number traces back to Edgerton, Wisconsin.

Last edited:

ShirleyTX

Canyon Lake TX USA
The photo for a baby Egyptian tortoise is a photo of an adult Egyptian tortoise. Babies look entirely different than adults. Unless you know the species, you wouldn’t even know they were the same. I search for egyptian tortoises in the US fairly regularly. This is the first time I can recall this particular site.