VJRDuran

Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn Park

SJTort

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Walking where? The sidewalk is not suitable. No leash attachment is truly secure. In plain sight under constant supervision, that's okay for a short while. But a tortoise walks quickly for a few minutes, finds shelter and stays there for a long time. If you stop watching, it can disappear.

Tortoises do not want to walk on leashes. They don't want guidance. A leash may seem like a fun idea, but not to a tortoise. It can't replace a secure outdoor habitat.

You can try it, but it's not a long term solution for exercise & outdoor time. I did the balloon on a rubber band and supervised outdoor time routine before my habitats were built. It was frustrating, anxiety producing, and boring; and they didn't get nearly enough outdoor time.
What does your outdoor enclosure look like? I am planning on redoing mine.

SJTort

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Marcella

Iowa, Louisiana
Would you consider making one out of neoprene such that it would maintain some of their existing heat for short outside visits?
I
Would you consider making one out of neoprene such that it would maintain some of their existing heat for short outside visits?
[/QUOT
I would love to see what you make.Am interested in leashes, too. I have a Sulcata (Uneaux) about 15 inches long and a red foot (Jambalaya) about 12 inches. I could whatever measurements you need and send pics, if you'd like.