Tortoise ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizzle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
008.JPG008.JPG004.JPG001.JPG003.JPG006.JPGHi, I was wondering if anybody could help with the identification of my tortoise, I was given him/her a few weeks ago,
I have attached a few pics,

thanks

nizzle.

Last edited by a moderator:

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Yep, that's a tortoise alright!!! :p

I have no clue the species, I'm sure someone will let you know! Just wanted to say he's quite a cutie!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi Nizzle,
You have a Greek tortoise, Testudo graeca. It's very hard to ID hatchlings without seeing the parents, but he/she's parents are from the Middle East possiblely Jordan.
Not sure what the blue sand is about but you need to change it. :D Organic soil/playsand mixture is good, 70% soil and 30% sand or you can go with shredded aspen bedding.

Danny

nizzle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
Hi Nizzle,
You have a Greek tortoise, Testudo graeca. It's very hard to ID hatchlings without seeing the parents, but he/she's parents are from the Middle East possiblely Jordan.
Not sure what the blue sand is about but you need to change it. :D Organic soil/playsand mixture is good, 70% soil and 30% sand or you can go with shredded aspen bedding.

Danny

Thanx, Danny I have already changed the blue sand for a soil/play sand mix, thanx again for your help.

nizzle

Status
Not open for further replies.