Tortoise Forum Podcast

Merrick

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
what do you guys think if the members of the tortoise forum did a podcast for youtube to spread the word farther about the proper care of our shelled friends and maybe some other topics like conservation or something like that

Has this been discussed before

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not that I know of. You might have to get Josh's permission but sounds like a good idea. Anything to get the word of TORTOISEFORUM.ORG out there

Vladsfriend

Ohio
I'd immediately subscribe to a podcast. So many angles could be explored from husbandry, species discussions, conservation to current news. Cool idea!

Alaskamike

South Florida
Mine is just a you tube channel. A podcast is like a live show where people could subscribe and watch like TV on their Computor. Usually done on a regulate schedule.

I advertise the forum on each one of my little videos. Simple stuff.

You can get rather elaborate with a podcast , even do live call ins with questions.

Takes a bit more tech savvy to set up.
I think the more good info out there the better. :) It would be fun participating in that.

Hope you do it.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
I am thinking i don't call it tortoise forum podcast or even the youtube channel by that name to give it a less business trying to market approach more personal if you will. any ideas on a name for it or do you guys even think giving it a different name is a good idea

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I've toyed with an idea like this but I'm not tech savvy enough to even try to do it good idea though would be interested

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
I'm moderately tech savvy. Most podcasts are audiology, so you'd need basic mic equipment and the ability for people to phone in and sound good.

You'd also need to structure topics and keep people you're speaking with on-point.

If you want video, that's a whole different world, but audio means way more variety in who you can speak with.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
I'm moderately tech savvy. Most podcasts are audiology, so you'd need basic mic equipment and the ability for people to phone in and sound good.

You'd also need to structure topics and keep people you're speaking with on-point.

If you want video, that's a whole different world, but audio means way more variety in who you can speak with.
Google plus is good for video wich is what I think we should do also you don't really need that much mic wise if you have a good program

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
I want something like the pondcast by the turtle room but geared to the captive care of chelonians and make it a bit less scientific even though it is not that scientific compared to something like a scientific journal just so that it is easier to understand to the general public aka brand new tortoise keepers

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Mine is just a you tube channel. A podcast is like a live show where people could subscribe and watch like TV on their Computor. Usually done on a regulate schedule.

I advertise the forum on each one of my little videos. Simple stuff.

You can get rather elaborate with a podcast , even do live call ins with questions.

Takes a bit more tech savvy to set up.
I think the more good info out there the better. :) It would be fun participating in that.

Hope you do it.
@Alaskamike maybe you posted it elsewhere, but could you mention what your YouTube channel name is?

Nephelle

Pittsburgh, PA
I have worked with similar set-ups with groups of people online coming together for podcasts and live broadcasts. We used a Skype group chat, which gave the moderator the ability to mute/unmute as needed. Everyone was online at once and just (nervously lol) waited their turn. Unrehearsed with a good mod, it seems to run fairly smoothly. If all you're looking for is audio, that is. :)