Tortoise Forum Mobile Apps are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Vernon Hills, IL
Guggie said:
Anyone seeing a whole lot of what looks like a black bird or something used as a placeholder image?

Ok. It's a cat not a bird. I can't post a pic of it. Anyone else see it?

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
I see it. it goes right before the picture and if you click on it it shows up as the picture next to it.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
i seen it ,[the cat]
shows up as every pic for a minute or 2 but then it goes......i was thinking.....DOES EVERYONE HAVE THE SAME CAT! ;) still a great app!

tweeter

5 Year Member
NC
Just downloaded to my droid and iPad, both are charging, so haven't used them yet. Can't wait! I'm going to CA next week, and it'll be so handy to have them. Thanks!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Love this app for my iphone - as others said, safari just wasn't forum friendly! Now I'll be even more tempted to be on my phone while working! :) Only complaint is also the same as above - every thread you click on says "thread doesn't exist" then you have to go back and reload, but otherwise great app and I LOVE IT! :)

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
I'm on it right now with the new iPad I got, and it's pretty neat. Thanks, Josh!

68merc said:
Im heaving the same issue with my DROIDX :(

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with some threads, too. Seems like some threads work fine, but others are inaccessible.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
It's a great start but there are definitely a few bugs that need to be ironed out. The cat, the weird erroring out. Otherwise looking good!

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Josh said:
In case you haven't heard yet, we finally have our very own Tortoise Forum apps in the iTunes and Android app stores! This is very exciting news as I know a growing number of you are a part of our community via your mobile devices.
These apps will allow you to access the entire forum from your mobile device. You will be able to attach and view photos, participate in polls, start new topics - and new users will even be able to register via the app! Oh - and did I mention both apps are completely FREE!?

2s0igdd.png

-Tortoise Forum App for Android
-Tortoise Forum App for iOS

Please check out the new apps and let us know what you think! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated. If you use the app please take a minute to write us a review in the app store.

Thanks everyone!!

Terrific! I'm new (today) and was just wondering if there was an App for the iPhone. Excellent- signed up! Thanks for sharing.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Can someone take a screenshot of the cat??

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL
Josh said:
Can someone take a screenshot of the cat??

I have one but can't post it on this thread. It won't let me. I'll see if I can upload it to my Smugmug site and link to it from there.

I put it in a new post in the General area.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Downloading as I am typing. Wish this activated while I was in St Thomas. I really missed you guys. My laptop battery was just enough to check emails everyday.....but got that solved now!!!!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Ok everyone I think we have fixed the "invalid thread ID" error. Please check your apps and let me know if it persists.

Still looking into what that darn cat is all about!

Thanks for the feedback and support everyone!! If we can figure out a forum app maybe we should also make a tortoise game app!

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Couldn't get the unspecified error bug to appear :)

Here are some pics of the cat. One in thread, one when you tap it.

maco4z.png

35cj0gh.png

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Might be temporary, but I've been getting a lot of connection errors when tapping on a photo. I have the latest version.

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
I have the app on my phone (HTC Evo 4G; installed it yesterday) and so far so good! I'll post again if there is a major error
...no cats here, by the way LOL

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL
Mgridgaway said:
Might be temporary, but I've been getting a lot of connection errors when tapping on a photo. I have the latest version.

Ditto. It allows me to swipe and see all but the first pic, even though they all say Connection Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.