Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Josh:

thank you so much for doing that for us. Now I hope this gives ALL of our members the incentive to get onto their User CP page and update their location so they can be shown on the map.

I LOVE IT!!!

Is it going to be automatic on the updates or are you going to have to do it manually?

colormyworld

5 Year Member
New York, NY
Awesome! I see there are a decent number in Manhattan. Anyone like coffee? Haha, I see the map shows 2 members living in Central Park haha. Are you sure that they are actually human and not turtles from the pond in the park?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Thanks Josh,This is neat,Now I can show all of you lucky tortoise people that get a lot of sunshine what the challenges are that some of us have with lighting for our torts. And some of the extremes we go thru to make it easier for us and better for the them. The Huntingtown house does get a little direct sun but not much,Almost impossible to grow cactus there.So (the exterme) we were able to buy a house in Colonial Beach, and Walker( is much better off at the beach house, the mountain torts were happy in Huntingtown, but there is enough shaded areas at the beach to keep them comfortable, Now I grow cactus and banana trees etc, at the beach, and the woodland plants in Huntingtown. You can see the large turtle pen in the pic at the beach house in the back yard, and some of the roof of the Md house in the other pic.-Most visitors in Md is someone that's lost. Len

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Wow Len, you could walk to the beach. But I like the house in Md. I love the woods. We have a house in Deerfield Beach, but I didn't add that one because I hardly go there. I like my winters.

Becki

5 Year Member
Albuquerque
Great Josh! Thanks! Will the other Albuquerque member please step forward?:)

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
emysemys said:
I'm testing to see if the link will show how I've zeroed in on my house:

http://www.batchgeo.com/map/880c42c6460e170129a4bd30e76b9010[hr]
No. Too bad. This is the most recent satellite view of my property that I've ever seen.

Yvonne, it would work if your street address was listed in your other info.right now it takes you to Woodworth ave and 4th st which is probably about center clovis. Len

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
FYI I sunbathe nude from 2 to 3 so no visiting me on there during that time, thanks.

Actually I could not find myself, found 2 people who live next the me in the next city.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
The points are plotted on the map only as accurately as you describe them in your profile. "92373" throws a point right in the middle of that zip code "portland, or" throws a point right in the middle of Portland, OR, and so forth.
This, unfortunately, doesn't automatically update. I will refresh the data again soon.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I just looked up my house those pic's are like two years old how often is it updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.