Tortoise Feet

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
You are absolutely correct. For my guy, unless the water is juuuuuussssst the right temperature, itʻs treadmill and escape time. :eek:
What is that because I must be doing something right ?? I use my wrist to judge like you do for a baby. I always thought that he shouldn't want to be in there but I guess he must be enjoying it.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
What is that because I must be doing something right ?? I use my wrist to judge like you do for a baby. I always thought that he shouldn't want to be in there but I guess he must be enjoying it.
He liked it at about 87 degrees F. Not too hot, not too cold, but just right. Sometimes. He was a picky bugger. With Nibbles, I take the kiddie pool outside, fill it up and let it sit in the sun, and plop him in. Heʻs a no fuss no muss kind of a guy.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
He liked it at about 87 degrees F. Not too hot, not too cold, but just right. Sometimes. He was a picky bugger. With Nibbles, I take the kiddie pool outside, fill it up and let it sit in the sun, and plop him in. Heʻs a no fuss no muss kind of a guy.
I do luke warm on my wrist. I'm going to have to check the temp on that but I'm 98.6° so what temperature would feel luke warm. He must like what I do cause he won't do the tortoise tred. He just lays there like a rock.? That's kinda interesting to check that out.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I saw Jerri the other day with his head on one of his slabs. I didn’t even know they did funny things like this looked so cute!
Sapphire uses rocks as a pillow. I always think poor guy. But I guess it gives his neck a little rest from holding up that little pea brain.?