Tortoise extreemly active and loosing weight

kyle123

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
England
Hi, I have a 9 Year old marginated tortoise that I have now brung inside for the winter. He has spent most of the summer outside in his pen but obviously now due to the weather in the UK he is in for the winter. He is inside in a preformed pond about 1.5m by 1m with a heat lamp and hide. He is used to this as this has been his home for the past year or so when the weather has been poor. The room tempertare is 23 degrees and I have the lamp on for 10 hours a day. Now onto the problem, he has randomly in the past couple weeks become super active and is turning his house upside down climbing up the sides and is running round all day. He is also not sleeping in his hide at night which he has always done since we got him as a hatchling. I wasnt immediately concerned by his surge of energy but I am now starting to worry as he has gone from 1370 grams a month ago to 1240 now. This is obvioulsy not ideal as I will be wanting to wind him down for hibernation in the next month so the weight loss is a worry. I have brung him in this time of year and hibernared towards the end of november for the past 2 years and its been pretty hitch free but this year he seems to be acting diffrent. Is this anything I should be concered about or not?