Tortoise Cove’ Expansion & New Building Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I have been wanting to expand the area between the Cherries and the Redfoots …..as well as a New Building. I took action this weekend finally and it all started with a RubberMaid 7x7 Double wall shed. After leveling the ground and then adding rock at a 2% grade for drainage, I set up heavy pallets on top of block, then taking some 5x8’ Solid core panels laid down for the foundation and support for the shed base itself ( it comes with it’s own base…but keeping this all off the ground is better for drainage and insulation factors) . Now I assembled the shed complete -all but leaving out the front flimsy
“Barn Doors” it came with, So I could customize and add a solid core French 1-lite door instead. Before framing up the new wall front , I got 1” thick 4x8 insulation panels from Home Depot. I completely covered all the walls and ceiling in this material ( just like hanging drywall) using spray adhesive along with washer backed screws to keep things in place. Now time to frame up the front wall and do the layout for the French door…..after hanging the door ,next was time to add siding to the front and stain.
The inside is being completed like the “Mother Hut” with natural organic soils and green moss along with complete heating and lighting and of course “ the mist system”.
I also brought home 50 more block and added another 100SF and
re-designed the wall configuration.

Well….. Here is the end results thus far~
NH1a.jpg
NH3a.jpg
Nh5a.jpg
Nh6a.jpg
Nh7a.jpg
Nh10a.jpg
Nh11a.jpg
Nh12a.jpg
NH13a.jpg
Nh18a.jpg
Nh23a.jpg
Nh25a.jpg

" Happy Tort~N "

JD~:D
Oh yea … I still need to add my handle but I needed a “Smoke Break” :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That looks like a very good use of space. Nice.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Good job JD. Can't believe how much you can crunch out in a small amount of time. That would take us all season to complete, LOL.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Nice. You can use some of the HVAC foil tape to seal the seams of the foam board too for that added extra insulation effect. Looks sweet.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
DesertGrandma said:
Good job JD. Can't believe how much you can crunch out in a small amount of time. That would take us all season to complete, LOL.

Well Joy ....I'm sorta a "hands on " sorta a guy ....and once my mind is set ..." Whamo~O" ....time to work. The whole thing thus far took about 22 hours and lots of soak time for the builder-:p ... in the tub . ( I'm a wee bit sore this am....I hate getting old!) Anyhow thanks for the kuddo's everyone , you all make me feel good about myself ...thank you. And of course the torts are going to dig it !

Happy Work Week ~

JD~:)

tortadise said:
Nice. You can use some of the HVAC foil tape to seal the seams of the foam board too for that added extra insulation effect. Looks sweet.

yuppers Kelly .....all ready in the works! :D
Along with another trip to the Depot for some more soil........

ascott said:
Fricken sweeeeet ;)

AHHH YES ... Good Ol' Fashion So. Cal ... Lingo .... LOVE IT!!!!!!

( I say the same thing all the time ......:p )

JD~:shy:

bobbymoore said:
Nice vw

And tortoise set ups

Yea Bobby ... I must admit .. I'ma Vw nut too! :D;):shy:

ALDABRAMAN said:
Superb job, it looks fantastic!

Thanks Greg ..... good thing my torts are much smaller than yours ... I might have had to demo the back portion of the house..:p

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Looks great! How do you create the flower and plant designs on your buildings?

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
So someone has been very busy this weekend, JD ? Who did all the framework while you had your "Smoke Breaks" then ? :D

I live on the wrong place on this planet, that's for sure, I can hardly get outdoors these days and it's not even winter here yet...

When can I move in ? :p

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
CharlieM said:
Looks great! How do you create the flower and plant designs on your buildings?

Charlie ....I use good ol' fashion Spray paint.....and a little help from Mother Nature.:p

Check out the new hide for the New Hut....

JD~:)

Geochelone_Carbonaria said:
So someone has been very busy this weekend, JD ? Who did all the framework while you had your "Smoke Breaks" then ? :D

I live on the wrong place on this planet, that's for sure, I can hardly get outdoors these days and it's not even winter here yet...

When can I move in ? :p

Well Mike .....what do ya think the motavator was? ... < Dem smoke breaks> :D

Your welcome any time ......buddy! .....Take a trip out ~

JD~

Status
Not open for further replies.