Tortoise Cough/Groan

Dylanruenz

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
My 15" female sulcate has been making short cough/groan noises when I see her laying in the shade and eating. I have seen small bubbles throughout her nose and I am worried. What should I do? What illness does she have? How can I help her?

:tort:

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Sounds like it could be a respitory infection. A vet visit and antibiotics probably. This is usually caused by being cold and damp. How is she housed and what are temps?

Dylanruenz

Phoenix, Arizona
Sounds like it could be a respitory infection. A vet visit and antibiotics probably. This is usually caused by being cold and damp. How is she housed and what are temps?
The temps here in AZ are pretty high on a daily basis, i do water her down everyday just to cool her off.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I am not sure then. I don't have Sulcatas. Hopefully someone else will see this with more info. Does she seem to be breathing with her mouth open or stretching her neck?

Dylanruenz

Phoenix, Arizona
I am not sure then. I don't have Sulcatas. Hopefully someone else will see this with more info. Does she seem to be breathing with her mouth open or stretching her neck?
No, she has mouth closed and is normal. I talked to a tortoise vet and it seems to be a respiratory issue. Getting it looked at tomorrow:tort: