Tortoise behaviour help

Claireabelle84

Location (City and/or State)
Huddersfield
Hi
I wonder if you can help me.
my tortoise is 4 ( horse field was a female or so I thought now I Know male)
I wanted to ask he’s recently been standing on his back legs and running on a log and speaking. I assume he’s pleasuring himself as I can see his genitals . Has anyone gone through this before ?. Thanks

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
HI and welcome, yes it sounds like male behaviour, having said that it's not something that I've seen my tort do even though he flashes.
Can you post a pic of his enclosure so we can see of there's anything else that could be affecting his behaviour?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
My Russian will stand and hump his flower pot while staring at me, so not so unusual for me. My Russian is a nasty boy, but my Leopard is true to course SHY! hides under and behind all the plant cover in any enclosure. Flashed me once and I would swear he was embarrassed he did it!

Claireabelle84

Huddersfield
HI and welcome, yes it sounds like male behaviour, having said that it's not something that I've seen my tort do even though he flashes.
Can you post a pic of his enclosure so we can see of there's anything else that could be affecting his behaviour?

Attachments

• DDCFEBF7-EBF6-4024-ABA4-EFE692CD30E3.jpeg
    DDCFEBF7-EBF6-4024-ABA4-EFE692CD30E3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi
I wonder if you can help me.
my tortoise is 4 ( horse field was a female or so I thought now I Know male)
I wanted to ask he’s recently been standing on his back legs and running on a log and speaking. I assume he’s pleasuring himself as I can see his genitals . Has anyone gone through this before ?. Thanks
Maybe you need to make sure his log has no rough or sharp edges. Or get him something safer if it does.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Is that room reserved for just your tortoise? I see an opening for him with a bridge to leave his box if he wants!
Love the enclosure. How did you make his house house in the corner?