Tortellinis Updated Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhigh81

5 Year Member
What do you guys think of my updated outdoor enclosure for tortellini? I added a new hide, so he has a total of 3 hides (one on the left against the wall, one in the back, and then the log). The weeds growing are a russian tortoise seed mix, so he always has something to munch on:D. The dirt is a mixture of natural dirt (kind of sand like here in the AZ desert) plus top soil, and I added some coconut coir in the hides for digging.
Let me know what you think!
P.S. The white substance is food grade diatamacous (sp?) earth that we use for bugs. It is safe around our dogs, but I will probably remove from inside his enclosure once he wakes up.

Attachments

• IMG_0726.JPG
    IMG_0726.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0728.JPG
    IMG_0728.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 40

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I like it :D. Just make sure his little but can't stand up and hook his little feet on anything to get a ninja grip and climb out...lol

Also..the food grade diat earth won't hurt him...so if you have ant issues or the like I would just leave it...also if he consumes some it will simply aid in clearing out any intestinal critters ......I just would not let him eat it all the time as some critters in the gut are alright and you would not want to kill off all of the good ones...:p

jhigh81

5 Year Member
Thanks for the info the DE! I knew it was safe for dogs to eat, and can help with flea and tick problems (which we dont have). We use it for ants and scorpions!
I have tried to overlap the bricks so there is a lip. He is a little escape artist though!

ascott said:
I like it :D. Just make sure his little but can't stand up and hook his little feet on anything to get a ninja grip and climb out...lol

Also..the food grade diat earth won't hurt him...so if you have ant issues or the like I would just leave it...also if he consumes some it will simply aid in clearing out any intestinal critters ......I just would not let him eat it all the time as some critters in the gut are alright and you would not want to kill off all of the good ones...:p

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Nice, he will love it.
i might want to point out one thing tho, it might be a good idea to shorten the height go the blocks
it looks like not enough sun is getting into the enclosure, almost like the wall is blocking most of the sun :)

jhigh81

5 Year Member
Thanks guys! I cant wait for him to wake up and see his new place. I would love to shorten the bloacks, but I think any shorter and he would be able to climb out.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Tortellini is one of the cutest tortoise names I have heard yet, I love it!

jhigh81

5 Year Member
He's awake! And he ate almost all his weeds...little piggy! How do you think he looks after hibernation?

Attachments

• IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    846.6 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.