Tort outdoor habitat finally complete- I think ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
Very time I think our outdoor habitat is all done, my wonderful husband comes up with a way to improve it. Torts just shake their head when they see him walking in it with new plans, lol. I wanted to take pics but it started storming before he was dine with the new and improved pond so I will do that tomorrow.

Our two juvenile sulcatas Outdoor habitat is 30' by 50' and includes two hides made out of river rocks and flanked by ferns, 3'by 3' zero entry pond with basking ricks as a border, a big mound of vet approved organic dirt with succulents planted in it and multiple other flat river rocks to bask and break up the open space + edible landscaping throughout. They also go for daily walks in the area which will be their adult habitat.

They do not stay outdoors at night yet so their plastic swimming pool indoor habitat is a smaller version of the outdoor with a upside down frisbee filled with water taking the place of the pond, and all the appropriate lights, temp and humidity gauges of course. The dirt level of the pond is not so high that they could climb out.

jason g.

5 Year Member
Can't wait to steal some idea from you and your husband.; ) ;) lol I'm looking for an old bird bath for my outdoor enclosure for a pond. Tort enclosure sounds really nice cant wait to see some pics. ;) :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's really mean teasing with telling us it's done, describing it and no pictures:(
Can't wait to see the finished? Product. I will be keeping tabs on this thread:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I think we need to make pictures mandatory

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
Wellington, lol. I know. Damn lightening ;). Can't wait to rake pics. I'm sure it's not forever dine though, hubby likes to keep improving it. He will start on a winter retrofitted dog box with a pig blanket for cold weather when they are large enough to stay outside overnight.

Jason,

The torts first "pond" was a sunken upside down rubbermaid trash can lid, worked well. They also had a sunken metal paint tray which worked great, then a small pond before this one.

jason g.

5 Year Member
TaraDodrill said:
Wellington, lol. I know. Damn lightening ;). Can't wait to rake pics. I'm sure it's not forever dine though, hubby likes to keep improving it. He will start on a winter retrofitted dog box with a pig blanket for cold weather when they are large enough to stay outside overnight.

Jason,

The torts first "pond" was a sunken upside down rubbermaid trash can lid, worked well. They also had a sunken metal paint tray which worked great, then a small pond before this one.

Cool ideas Thank you. My wife thanks you too! ( now I'll quit using her dinner plates.) Lol

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
Lol. Mandatory pics- but good idea. As soon as humanly possible I will add pics ;) I am so lucky to have a handy with a shovel tort lover spouse ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.