Too good not to share.....We can't invent this kind of stupid!

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Yesterday morning I arrived at the office at 5am in the dark to a roar of water....wth? I am a plumber by trade who put down his tools for the office, 35 yrs ago. I got out of my truck at our office which sits at the bottom of a set of large hills, and heard a ROAR of water. It was loud enough to make me nervous...hate to admit it but it did, it was roaring! One thing that will wake a plumber up fast is the sound of running water but I couldn't see anything. I went in and one of my Estimators, Bobby told me of the watermain break on the adjacent street and showed me where the water was cascading 15"-24" high behind the office, over and above the 24" outlet of the storm drain running wfo....wow, a crudload of water was pouring! This wasn't a measly 8 or 10" break, this was a lateral main break, I could tell by the sheer volume. Bobby got restless and went outside to see the WSSC(local purveyor) crew at work. He came in and showed me a vid he had just taken....the car approached the safety cones in complete darkness from the opposite side, then drove in between the cones set up to protect him. He disappeared into the hole, the vid showing the headlights illuminating from underwater. He said he saw the driver come out of the sunroof but the film had stopped.

Turns out, we had a friend on the WSSC crew who sent us this pic later in the morning. (sorry bout the imprinted verbiage) but you just cannot make up this kind of stupid!

Forrest Gump was right all along.....LOL

jeff

Attachments

• underwateronthatloan.jpg
    underwateronthatloan.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 54

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
“Not gonna pay attention to the road crew or hazard-cones like the other sheep… gonna do my own research!”

;)

Jamie
I just spit coffee all over my keyboard...thanks ever so...lol...everybody who knows me knows my obsession is cars and driving, so over the years I think I had seen/heard it all... but there's always 1 more...
HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yep….lots of important ppl out there. The safety rules & closures arent meant for them!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yep….lots of important ppl out there. The safety rules & closures arent meant for them!

Only dumbas*es drive Caddy's, especially those Escalades...a Cadillac truck? There's one that lives in my trailer park...You live in trailer trash world, and drive something that costs more that your house???????

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Yesterday morning I arrived at the office at 5am in the dark to a roar of water....wth? I am a plumber by trade who put down his tools for the office, 35 yrs ago. I got out of my truck at our office which sits at the bottom of a set of large hills, and heard a ROAR of water. It was loud enough to make me nervous...hate to admit it but it did, it was roaring! One thing that will wake a plumber up fast is the sound of running water but I couldn't see anything. I went in and one of my Estimators, Bobby told me of the watermain break on the adjacent street and showed me where the water was cascading 15"-24" high behind the office, over and above the 24" outlet of the storm drain running wfo....wow, a crudload of water was pouring! This wasn't a measly 8 or 10" break, this was a lateral main break, I could tell by the sheer volume. Bobby got restless and went outside to see the WSSC(local purveyor) crew at work. He came in and showed me a vid he had just taken....the car approached the safety cones in complete darkness from the opposite side, then drove in between the cones set up to protect him. He disappeared into the hole, the vid showing the headlights illuminating from underwater. He said he saw the driver come out of the sunroof but the film had stopped.

Turns out, we had a friend on the WSSC crew who sent us this pic later in the morning. (sorry bout the imprinted verbiage) but you just cannot make up this kind of stupid!

jeff
My buddy works for the water dept in his county in Florida. I sent this to him and he gotta good laugh.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I just spit coffee all over my keyboard...thanks ever so...lol...everybody who knows me knows my obsession is cars and driving, so over the years I think I had seen/heard it all... but there's always 1 more...
HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!!
Honk if you can't swim!! You just can't fix stupid!!

TurtzInMyYard

AL

jeff

TurtzInMyYard

AL
You're right...and you can't fix it either. Trust me, I know. I've been an RN in the OR (operating room) for over thirty years. I've seen some pretty remarkable...'events'. Stunning, actually. In other instances, the container of stupidity is labeled, MD, as in surgeon.

One of the MOST arrogant and self important surgeons I ever worked with decided it would be a great day to put the top down on his convertible....going....60 miles....an hour....ON THE FREAKIN' interstate!

I only found out about it when I took my car into the shop. I arrived in my green scrubs and the mechanic asked which hospital I worked. When I answered, he said, "Do you know Dr. Campbell"? I said, "Only every day of my life".

He proceeded to tell me the story of how Dr. Campbell's car became a permanent convertible when he ripped it off at 60 miles an hour.

I could only have a silent giggle as I remembered I asked Dr. Campbell where his car was. He only said it was in the shop, something about a faulty switch that puts the top up or down.

The next day I asked the good doctor if he heard about the fool who decided to put the top down on his convertible. He looked at me oddly as he KNEW there was no way I could know anything about what he had done. He almost questioned me, but went on his way. When he entered the OR, I asked him, "Do you plan to behave today or will you blow your top again"? He finally understood and was not his usual arrogant and overinflated self.

You can't make up this kind of stupidity and you can't fix it --- not even in surgery?