Toe claw growing up

toto271113

Hello! I'm new to this forum but am glad I have joined!

My little leopard (toto) is 4 months old. I noticed a little while ago that one of his toe claws (is that what they are called?) is growing upwards. I've been keeping an eye on it but now it's looking like I need to get it checked out. I was wondering if anybody had experienced this and what is done to fix the problem?

Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm a first time owner to a tortoise!

Laura :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). I have seen that before on tortoise older then yours and that were usually not raised in a very good way. I don't know what makes them do that. Post a pic if you can. Also, please read Toms threads below in my post for proper raising of your leopard.

toto271113

Thank you very much for your reply. I've looked at the link you suggested. So much fab information and very helpful! There are a couple of things I will change. The problem I have had is reading so much conflicting information. I thought I was doing everything right and now I feel a little upset that there are some things I haven't been doing. I will take a picture tomorrow during the day and will post.

Rhodie

Location (City and/or State)
Devon, UK
Hi, I've just joined. I have 2 baby leopard tortoises that were hatched on New Year's Day. I brought them home when they were 4 weeks old. I noticed when I was examining them after I got home that one of them has an end toe claw that is growing upwards. I can only think s/he was born like that. I'm hoping the claw won't create problems later on in it's life when it gets bigger.