To Continue poop eating and FICA discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
I saw this when we I first joined - that torts will eat poop to build up their bacteria in their stomach.

But man Percy LOVES him some poop - he goes from pile to pile. I let him get a bite or two, but then spend the rest of the time moving him away from it.

Yall talk about your torts mouths being black from mulberry...well Percy's mouth isn't full of Mulberries...

I like to trust his instincts when it comes to what he eats since he has managed to avoid azaleas which are everywhere here. And since he eats nothing but the best clovers he can find.

Then again he also goes for glass and foil and cigarette butts. So far he has only gotten the foil down - I am such a bad mother.

I hear EJ's tort loves him some rottie poop.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
janiedough said:
But man Percy LOVES him some poop - he goes from pile to pile. I let him get a bite or two, but then spend the rest of the time moving him away from it.

Yall talk about your torts mouths being black from mulberry...well Percy's mouth isn't full of Mulberries...

Unless its dog poop with Ivermectin or heart worm medication in it, its perfectly ok (and natural). They eat their own poop because there is still more nutrition to be gained from it. But I don't care that its natural...I pick up the poop as soon as I see it because it makes me gag to see them eat it!!

Yvonne

Diana Stone

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
janiedough said:

Unless its dog poop with Ivermectin or heart worm medication in it, its perfectly ok (and natural). They eat their own poop because there is still more nutrition to be gained from it. But I don't care that its natural...I pick up the poop as soon as I see it because it makes me gag to see them eat it!!

Yvonne

Look at that a recycling sulcata! I agree with Yvonne, gag me. yuck

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Nope!!!! not good for them, and I agree with everyone above yuck! gag! eeeewwww!!

Status
Not open for further replies.