Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Thank you!! ?
His head isn’t ugly??
But his body is…?
Well….. ?
Weird?? (To say the least)
But!!!!……
ALL of Gods creatures are lovely… in their own way.
I am SURE if he fell out of a head of lettuce I had bought … he would have a 20 gallon tank with all of the trimmings.. ?
I don’t know what it is but I can not kill or be mean to “bugs” any more..?
No squishing, no stomping, no swatting..?
Maybe God came to talk to me in a dream?
?
I can if it's a fly. If they won't go out the door when I shoo em out then I do one of 2 things. I spray them with 92% alcohol or trap them in the window of the storm door. Either way it's fried fly.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hey guys,
Well I am sorry to say that no updates are available. Sally is just not laying anything yet. ?
Although she was giving signs today that something is brewing?..
She went into HER SHED AND STAYED THERE FOR OVER AN HOUR!!
Finally!!!
Out of the da* tub!!
But to no avail…. Just one big poop.
I tried making her walk around but I didn’t want to pressure her so after awhile I let her walk ME to where she wanted to be.
Which was…..
Yep!…. You guessed it!
The tub ? ?

On a happier note,
My mom knitted Gary a soft bed to go into if he chose.
And boy!….
He RAAAANNNN INTO IT!!! ??

Attachments

• 8538E78A-6E15-43B8-AD76-B08D9A98D8EE.jpeg
    8538E78A-6E15-43B8-AD76-B08D9A98D8EE.jpeg
    983.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 4F2AAAFB-5F60-421C-A71C-883857E568DE.jpeg
    4F2AAAFB-5F60-421C-A71C-883857E568DE.jpeg
    1,014 KB · Views: 13

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Hey guys,
Well I am sorry to say that no updates are available. Sally is just not laying anything yet. ?
Finally!!!
Out of the da* tub!!
I tried making her walk around but I didn’t want to pressure her so after awhile I let her walk ME to where she wanted to be.
Which was…..
Yep!…. You guessed it!
The tub ? ?

On a happier note,
And boy!….
Sorry to hear there’s no more eggs yet. Is it maybe time for the Pitocin?

Gary’s little bed is the CUTEST!!…and the fact that he went to go and use it right away?! He’s the best, and so is your mom for being so thoughtful. Thanks for the update and the smile.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Sorry to hear there’s no more eggs yet. Is it maybe time for the Pitocin?

Gary’s little bed is the CUTEST!!…and the fact that he went to go and use it right away?! He’s the best, and so is your mom for being so thoughtful. Thanks for the update and the smile.

Hey lady!
Yea… I think it might be time for “the shot”.
Doctor said give it a month…. Sooooo…?

Yes Gary is a little punk head. ?
My mom has knitted him all colors of beds but some are…. Well…. A wee bit too small and his shell sticks outta the opening. ?
He’s got a BIG butt!! ??????

Anything going on with your little one lately?
Remember… if all is quiet, that’s a GOOD thing. ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Hey guys,
Finally!!!
Out of the da* tub!!
Which was…..
Yep!…. You guessed it!
The tub ? ?

On a happier note,
And boy!….
I didn't know snails could run!! But that is too cute!!

I sure wish Sally would get on with laying those eggs!! Maybe have your mom knit her a nest so Sally gets the idea. If your mom has a lot of leftover yarn, I don't think Sally would mind since she needs a much bigger nest than Gary. But Sally did leave the tub.....

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hello from NJ,
I am so sorry to say there are still no updates.
9 eggs left to wait for but they didn’t look too big on the X-ray a month ago.
I had called the doctor two days ago to make an apt, but the receptionist said she would tell the doctor and I will get a call back. No apts for this week..
Seems everyone is bringing their EXOTICS to the vets here in NJ???
funny…. They never did before?
I am always stuck waiting weeks for appointments here??
Anyway, it’s ok… there is no emergency…
yet.
I have her soaking as long as she wants in warm/hotter water.
She is eating like a dinasour and pooping like a camel.
she is walking around quite nicely and she is going in and out of her “laying spots” all day long. She just digs against the wall to get through to the other side? Not on the ground to lay eggs but up against the wall to break through!?
She has plenty of room, darkness and comfort any expecting mother could possibly ask for…
So……
WHY ISNT SHE LAYING THESE EGGS!?!?!? ???
I am sorry for yelling… but I can’t take it anymore!
I’ll have to go back “into” work soon and I don’t want to leave her in her condition.
Any suggestions?????
Soft music?
Back rubs?
MORE prayers?
Hold her upside down and let them float to her butt area???
what???
I am out of ideas and my nerves could be cut with a 10” chefs knife ?!
???

Thank you for listening to me rant…

and now back to our regular programming….?

hows everyone else’s “clients” doing? ?

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Hello from NJ,
I had called the doctor two days ago to make an apt, but the receptionist said she would tell the doctor and I will get a call back. No apts for this week..
yet.
she is walking around quite nicely and she is going in and out of her “laying spots” all day long. She just digs against the wall to get through to the other side? Not on the ground to lay eggs but up against the wall to break through!?
She has plenty of room, darkness and comfort any expecting mother could possibly ask for…
So……
I’ll have to go back “into” work soon and I don’t want to leave her in her condition.
Any suggestions?????
Soft music?
Back rubs?
MORE prayers?
what???
???

I’m sorry to hear she is still hanging onto the eggs. I’ve been thinking about her everyday, wondering how it was going but didn’t want to pester you. To add to your list of ideas, maybe candles around the edge of the tub (battery operated of course) and dim the lights a little. Hopefully you’ll be able to get an appointment soon, but thank goodness Sally is still eating and moving around good. I’ll keep her in my thoughts until I hear the long awaited birth announcement.

My client is doing well but man is he going to be pissed tomorrow. We got a wicked storm tonight with the biggest hail I’ve personally witness falling out of the sky. His hibiscus bushes that I worked so hard to get ready and grow for him were ripped to shreds. There was 6 big blossoms getting ready to open and 2 of them for sure would have been ready for tomorrow. Anyhow, I’m so sad about that and Dozer will be too. The hail storm came out of nowhere and sounded like it was going to take out my windows. Poor Dozer was so scared because it was so loud. The hail was pounding against his bedroom window so loudly. I ended up wrapping him in a towel and taking him to my room which was much more quiet. I laid down with him. I was on my side and he crawled up and cuddled right under my chin and didn’t move. Poor guy. Once everything settled down I put him back in his enclosure and he went straight to burrow. Tomorrow is Mazuri day for him, so hopefully that’ll help him get over the scary night he had.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I’m sorry to hear she is still hanging onto the eggs. I’ve been thinking about her everyday, wondering how it was going but didn’t want to pester you. To add to your list of ideas, maybe candles around the edge of the tub (battery operated of course) and dim the lights a little. Hopefully you’ll be able to get an appointment soon, but thank goodness Sally is still eating and moving around good. I’ll keep her in my thoughts until I hear the long awaited birth announcement.

My client is doing well but man is he going to be pissed tomorrow. We got a wicked storm tonight with the biggest hail I’ve personally witness falling out of the sky. His hibiscus bushes that I worked so hard to get ready and grow for him were ripped to shreds. There was 6 big blossoms getting ready to open and 2 of them for sure would have been ready for tomorrow. Anyhow, I’m so sad about that and Dozer will be too. The hail storm came out of nowhere and sounded like it was going to take out my windows. Poor Dozer was so scared because it was so loud. The hail was pounding against his bedroom window so loudly. I ended up wrapping him in a towel and taking him to my room which was much more quiet. I laid down with him. I was on my side and he crawled up and cuddled right under my chin and didn’t move. Poor guy. Once everything settled down I put him back in his enclosure and he went straight to burrow. Tomorrow is Mazuri day for him, so hopefully that’ll help him get over the scary night he had.

First things first..
You could never pester me. EVER!
I will always welcome a question, comment or conversation form YOU.
Next things second…?… or however that would go???
Holy cow!!!
That sounded like a doozie of a storm!!!
I hope your house is still in tact?
I am loving the part where Dozer crawled up under your chin and camped out.
I must say…. I might have left him there all night! Seeing as he was showing his love for me (at the time).
But you were probably right to put him back. When you woke up next to him the next day he probably would have had a death grip on your nose!! ?
I am going to keep my fingers crossed ? for you tomorrow as his plants are ….well..
Gone but maybe use a treat instead?
Some kind of food he doesn’t normally get?
To take the edge off of missing his long awaited hibiscus ?.
It stinks that it took you sooooo long to grow them just the way you wanted only to be eaten by Mother Nature.
She is a real ?. When she wants to be.
Here in NJ she is going to make an
“appearance “ tomorrow thru Thursday.?
With her she is bringing her friend “Ida”!!!
Or at least Idas tail end.
Can’t wait for all the rain and wind that’s expected… ??.
Oh… Ida!!!!
Can’t you just go away already!!!!
Poor New Orleans…??
All the wild animals! I can’t even bear to think of it! ????

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Hello from NJ,
yet.
So……
Any suggestions?????
Soft music?
Back rubs?
MORE prayers?
what???
???

So Sally's not in pain but is egg bound but not egg bound because she's really not trying to lay

But she could carry these eggs for yrs because she's not done the naughty but even if she had done the naughty, she could still carry them for yrs.

Why oh why do we have no female vets devoting themselves to this cause & this cause only? A little shot of hormone could possibly persuade her to relieve herself, but because her eggs aren't big enough to endanger her life, no shot?

This is why I should have gone to vet school.....Oops, I forgot...I was terrible at chemistry & math. I could never prescribe the right drug in the right proportion.... nevermind...

Chef, i'm too far away... I can't trust Dan with Houdini...he'll be having parties & making Houdini smoke a cigar & drink beer were I to leave, turning on the a/c in the mancave & letting temps get below 85. Not soaking him & definitely not chopping up greens...probably feeding him chips & peanut butter. No, Houdini's still too young to fight off the temptations... he still needs his mother.

I'll think of something....

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I feel bad whining about Dozer’s hibiscus bushes, knowing all of the destruction people are experiencing from Ida right now. ? I’m with you on how heartbreaking it is to think of all the wild life that would have been impacted.

Believe me, I wanted to leave him to sleep with me. It was a nice contrast to the aggressive donkey he has been towards me lately. It melted my heart that he was all cuddled in and seemed as though he felt safe, but I really needed to go outside to check on my car and the house. It turns out it was just a little too dark to tell much. Thankfully no windows were smashed out on the car or house, but I won’t really be able to assess any other damage, like shingles until tomorrow when we have daylight again. The lightening was ridiculous, so I didn’t want to stay out there too long either.

I hope Ida doesn’t wreak too much havoc in your neck of the woods. Even though it’s the remnants of the hurricane, it is still scary. Please keep us posted!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
So Sally's not in pain but is egg bound but not egg bound because she's really not trying to lay

But she could carry these eggs for yrs because she's not done the naughty but even if she had done the naughty, she could still carry them for yrs.

Why oh why do we have no female vets devoting themselves to this cause & this cause only? A little shot of hormone could possibly persuade her to relieve herself, but because her eggs aren't big enough to endanger her life, no shot?

This is why I should have gone to vet school.....Oops, I forgot...I was terrible at chemistry & math. I could never prescribe the right drug in the right proportion.... nevermind...

Chef, i'm too far away... I can't trust Dan with Houdini...he'll be having parties & making Houdini smoke a cigar & drink beer were I to leave, turning on the a/c in the mancave & letting temps get below 85. Not soaking him & definitely not chopping up greens...probably feeding him chips & peanut butter. No, Houdini's still too young to fight off the temptations... he still needs his mother.

I'll think of something....

LOVE IT!!!!!

Ok…. Here it goes….
Yes to the first question/statement.? ?
She is not in pain. She stretches herself out all over the place.

Second statement…
My husband says the same thing. She could carry these bloomin eggs for years!
He thinks the doctor just wants money for giving a shot…. Who knows maybe she wants to go to Paris on vacation and needs a couple of more dollars???

Third of all, I WAS good at chemistry and math but every time the doctor prescribes her a medication I have to wait for THEM to figure it out.? My mind just refuses to do it for my own tort??? LOL… I think I am chicken? Especially when it comes to my own baby…? ?

And lastly,
Thank you for the concern of coming over here to help! You are always welcome!!
Just don’t get surprised if
as you are coming through the door I am trying to squeeze past you to get out..???
As I tell my husband…”I’ll be right back.”
???

And you tell Houdini for me….
Ya better get hold of yourself cuz your moms coming to visit soon!
No girls allowed!
No parties!
No drinking!
No smoking!
No drugs!
And for Goodness sake…
No donkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?
(like in the bachelor party movie)

?????❤️????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I feel bad whining about Dozer’s hibiscus bushes, knowing all of the destruction people are experiencing from Ida right now. ? I’m with you on how heartbreaking it is to think of all the wild life that would have been impacted.

Believe me, I wanted to leave him to sleep with me. It was a nice contrast to the aggressive donkey he has been towards me lately. It melted my heart that he was all cuddled in and seemed as though he felt safe, but I really needed to go outside to check on my car and the house. It turns out it was just a little too dark to tell much. Thankfully no windows were smashed out on the car or house, but I won’t really be able to assess any other damage, like shingles until tomorrow when we have daylight again. The lightening was ridiculous, so I didn’t want to stay out there too long either.

I hope Ida doesn’t wreak too much havoc in your neck of the woods. Even though it’s the remnants of the hurricane, it is still scary. Please keep us posted!

As long as you both are ok everything else can be replaced…
I hope all is looking better for you today.
Don’t feel bad about YOUR situation.
I know that Ida is a pain in the ….
For Louisiana’s coast but that doesn’t mean your problem is not note worthy?
I care! And I am gonna have a sit down with Mother Nature either today or tomorrow and we are gonna arm wrestle this whole mess out!
I mean, she is taking and taking from everybody!!
I am sayin nothing ever happens in NJ ..
So this “Ida Storm” has got people running around like the world is ending?
It’s only the tail people!!!!
There are no 160mph winds..
No oceans around (at least that I can see) ?

Anyway, I will be praying you have no damage today…
I will try to get video of this “storm” or at least pics?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I care! And I am gonna have a sit down with Mother Nature either today or tomorrow and we are gonna arm wrestle this whole mess out!

Why isn't she given an oxytocin injection?

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan

Thank you, you really are THE BEST! I can’t read your messages without smiling. I’ve had a chance to check things out now. It looks like several years of life were taken off of the shingles based on the amount of shingle grit that was on the ground and my steps. Thankfully my car was spared. I think this is because of the angle the hail was pounding down and a perfectly placed tree. All the trees, shrubs and that sort of thing have been pretty badly stripped, but they will likely all grow back next year. I have a motion censored security light in the back yard and the bulbs on it are smashed along with a globe light that got smashed to bits. We continued to have angry sounding storms throughout the night and well into the morning. Just in the last couple of hours it seems like it’s finally moved on. The important thing is Dozer and I are ok. After work tonight I’ll have to get out there and clean up all the broken glass. My brother lives about 15 min away from me and ended up with a foot of hail on his property and hail damage to 2 of their vehicles. My parents yard is always perfectly manicured but it looks like very different today. Here’s a before and after pic they sent me of a big arrangement they had in front of their house.

FBF17EE6-23EE-4BFD-B9A7-7DEFE9852CC5.jpeg
C902C0EF-15B4-4049-90C5-413AAC66FEA5.jpeg

This is a picture my brother sent about halfway through the hail storm from in front of their house.

B066518E-34E7-4A15-8CF9-DD2E9399DFE3.jpeg

Thanks again for your kind message. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the storm headed for you passes quickly and isn’t too damaging.