Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamberry

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Anchorage, AK

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
generally speaking, processed foods are usually not as good for a tortoise as fresh weeds and grasses are. i haven't heard anything on this particular product though...i'm sure someone here has...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is what they say about it at their site:

This blend of powders was developed for Russian Tortoises, but is excellent for all grazing tortoises, turtles, bearded dragons, geckos, all herbivore and omnivore reptiles and gut loading crickets, superworms and mealworms. It has been tested over the last 10 or so years on hatchlings and adults. By using this (with cuttlebone) I have eliminated the need to use any other supplements including calcium powders. All ingredients were chosen for their health benefits, palatability and nutritional content. The result is a mix with balanced amino acids, high calcium and magnesium, low phosphorous and high soluble and insoluble fiber.

Each order is mixed the day it is shipped to insure freshness.

ingredients:

* barley grass powder
* Roselle powder (Hibiscus)
* cactus powder (opuntia)
* powdered orchard grass hay
* dandelion leaf powder
* plantain leaf powder
* wheat grass powder
* chickweed powder
* rose petal powder
* strawberry leaf powder
* rasberry leaf powder
* mulberry leaf powder
* rose hip powder
* OPTIONAL...Professional Grade Probiotics with 16 strains of microencapsulated (so more survive the digestive process and end up in the intestines where they are needed) beneficial bacteria
o Bifidobacterium bifidum
o Bifidobacterium breve
o Bifidobacterium infantis
o Bifidobacterium lactis
o Bifidobacterium longum
o Lactobacillus acidophilus
o Lactobacillus brevis
o Lactobacillus bulgaricus
o Lactobacillus casei
o Lactobacillus gasseri
o Lactococcus lactis
o Lactobacillus paracasei
o Lactobacillus plantarum
o Lactobacillus rhamnosus
o Lactobacillus salivarius
o Streptococcus thermophilus

It is an all natural way to supplement your tortoise's diet. You just sprinkle a bit of it over your tortoise's food about three times a week. The people who use it swear by it.

Yvonne

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lisbon, Portugal
TNT is a suplement. I sprinkle my tort's weed with it 3 to 4 times a week. Besides Calcium, it's the only supplement the tort will eat (I tried Nutrobal first but to no avail...).

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
TNTl is an excellent supplement to your tortoises diet. Carolina Pet Supply is the company that puts this out. Also you may consider purchasing their seed mixes. I plant them in small cat litter boxes (using the substrate mix from their enclosure) in the winter so that they have fresh graze when everything is buried under snow! They are reasonably priced, and are species oriented. I use the Russian seed mix. It takes about six weeks to start a good graze pan, and then you can just sink it in the enclosure. They suggest starting a new pan weekly to have fresh graze available at all times :)

Jamberry

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Anchorage, AK
TestudoGeek said:
TNT is a suplement. I sprinkle my tort's weed with it 3 to 4 times a week. Besides Calcium, it's the only supplement the tort will eat (I tried Nutrobal first but to no avail...).

tortania said:
TNTl is an excellent supplement to your tortoises diet.

Wow, so many replies! Awesome.

Alright, I'm going to order some. It sounded great, but I know some things are sold as wonderful for your pet when then just aren't; heat rocks, for example.

And thanks for adding in how to use it. I wasn't sure if it was suppose to be used a few times a week or with every feeding, since it's all natural. :D

tortania said:
Also you may consider purchasing their seed mixes. I plant them in small cat litter boxes (using the substrate mix from their enclosure) in the winter so that they have fresh graze when everything is buried under snow! They are reasonably priced, and are species oriented. I use the Russian seed mix. It takes about six weeks to start a good graze pan, and then you can just sink it in the enclosure. They suggest starting a new pan weekly to have fresh graze available at all times :)

The cat litter pan is a great idea! How much sun does it require to do that? The winter here is preeetty dark, lol. We're up to 8 hours of daylight a day I think, so it won't be that bad right NOW. But we get down to 4 hours in the middle of winter and that's bound to be bad for plants. Do you use an indoor lighting system or anything? Maybe with enough UV light in the pen I could grow it there?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
my mistake. i had thought this was similar to mazuri but instead it seems to be a good mixture for supplementing fresh greens and weeds

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Jamberry said:
TestudoGeek said:

tortania said:
TNTl is an excellent supplement to your tortoises diet.

Wow, so many replies! Awesome.

Alright, I'm going to order some. It sounded great, but I know some things are sold as wonderful for your pet when then just aren't; heat rocks, for example.

And thanks for adding in how to use it. I wasn't sure if it was suppose to be used a few times a week or with every feeding, since it's all natural. :D

tortania said:
Also you may consider purchasing their seed mixes. I plant them in small cat litter boxes (using the substrate mix from their enclosure) in the winter so that they have fresh graze when everything is buried under snow! They are reasonably priced, and are species oriented. I use the Russian seed mix. It takes about six weeks to start a good graze pan, and then you can just sink it in the enclosure. They suggest starting a new pan weekly to have fresh graze available at all times :)

The cat litter pan is a great idea! How much sun does it require to do that? The winter here is preeetty dark, lol. We're up to 8 hours of daylight a day I think, so it won't be that bad right NOW. But we get down to 4 hours in the middle of winter and that's bound to be bad for plants. Do you use an indoor lighting system or anything? Maybe with enough UV light in the pen I could grow it there?

Yes, I do use indoor lighting in the winter because most of my windows are north facing. My dad spent a year in Alaska and told me the days were very short :). I bought an under the cabinet light and use a plant growing light in it. I place the pans about 12-14 inches underneath the light, and viola! It really is a good alternative to grocery bought greens if you can do it...although if you can't, you can also purchase organic mixed greens at the grocery store. I do that sometimes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.