Tinkerbells new house :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
The first pic is without the bulb and everything set up. Haven't finished properly yet, in terms of planting different bits. The back part is full of soil for him to burrow in, which is the first thing he did!!

image-3178650302.png

image-1606239773.png

image-84566586.png

image-2682904753.png

image-1341262716.png

He doesn't seem very active at the moment though... He just wants to bury himself all the time and hasn't been eating a lot lately which I'm pretty worried about :/ I don't know what I'm doing wrong though

ShervyBaby

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland/DC
Give it a few weeks. It took my greek a while to open up and start eating when I moved it into it's tortoise enclosure

tinkerbell1189 said:
The first pic is without the bulb and everything set up. Haven't finished properly yet, in terms of planting different bits. The back part is full of soil for him to burrow in, which is the first thing he did!!

View attachment 22780

View attachment 22781

View attachment 22782

View attachment 22783

View attachment 22784

He doesn't seem very active at the moment though... He just wants to bury himself all the time and hasn't been eating a lot lately which I'm pretty worried about :/ I don't know what I'm doing wrong though

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Make sure your temperatures are correct... You need to be sure he's warm enough.

Torts are very slow to adapt to change... It can take weeks.

Stick to a routine, so he knows what to expect and when.

Start the day the same way at roughly the same time. Lights and heat on (use a timer), soak for 20 minutes ( important for hydration while he's not eating properly) and then feed.

My soaking tips can be found in my signature link below this post.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Thanks, I didn't realise that his uv tube needed replacing and he now has a new one, so maybe that has something to do with. Joes mum Thankyou your soaking tips are really usefull, will start soaking him every morning before work, the same time to get him into routine. Perhaps he isnt hydrated enough, will let you know of any progress. Do you think he looks healthy?

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Update!!!!! Tinkerbell has wrecked his bedroom today :) been stomping around causing general destruction, and eaten lots and lots. He had a bath this morning and his new uvb bulb is up. So I'm hoping for the same tomorrow :) I feel bad that was what the prob was, but I hope it was that, as if it is then it should all be sorted now!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
tinkerbell1189 said:
Update!!!!! Tinkerbell has wrecked his bedroom today :) been stomping around causing general destruction, and eaten lots and lots. He had a bath this morning and his new uvb bulb is up. So I'm hoping for the same tomorrow :) I feel bad that was what the prob was, but I hope it was that, as if it is then it should all be sorted now!

It sounds awful ... But a stomping tort is good news! One that wants to get out and rule the world. Well done :)

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Than,you :) I find it so funny when he stomps about leaving a trail of destruction in his path..... Let's just say his house doesn't look as pristine as it did in my first pics anymore :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
tinkerbell1189 said:
Than,you :) I find it so funny when he stomps about leaving a trail of destruction in his path..... Let's just say his house doesn't look as pristine as it did in my first pics anymore :D

Welcome to the world of tort keeping :D

Beautiful enclosures, built, tidied and wrecked in under 24 hours :D

Status
Not open for further replies.