Not open for further replies.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
image-138787519.png

image-1944008276.png

image-2079529311.png

image-199302499.png

image-1822033828.png

Tinkerbell going about his daily duties. He's been a bit quiet lately, spending a lot of time in his hide (not pictured in the photos, it's the other half of his enclosure, a sort of 'cave' where he spends the night, but he's spending a lot of the time in there in the day now. It's worrying me :/ ....

He has an MVB bulb which is on 6hours a day. Average temp is 82, basking spot is 95 and in his hide is around 62, dropping to around 55 in the nights. He has soaks every other day and eats weeds and Komodo pellets (uk equivalent to mazuri) I prefer him to eat more weeds than pellets, but lately he seems to have no interest in the weeds and prefers the pellets. So I end up letting him eat the pellets as I worry without them he is not eating enough. I am pretty sure he is captive bred, I got him a year ago from a petshop and he already wasn't kept in the right conditions there so already had a bit of pryramiding. I am hoping he looks better now?

Any advice????

These are the photos when I first had him a year ago. Any difference to the first ones?Do you think he looks smoother? This is a pic when I got him. We think he's a round 3years old now. (the last 2photos he is 2 in, the rest are current 3year old pics)

image-3888466131.png

image-718020596.png

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
I think he looks good :) Maybe you can try leaving the mvb on longer to perk him up. When mine are indoors ,(they are out for summer now), I leave the mvb on 12-14 hours.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Thanks :) its nice to hear he looks ok as I'm a right worrier. When I 1st had my MVB I left it on 12-14 hours and it kept blowing so took it back to the shop and he said it was overheating, and it's not designed to be on that long, the max of 6hours. Do you not have that problem with yours? He only ever basks for that long anyway as I was told that because the MVB provides a higher percentage of uv 6 hours is sufficient :/

Laurie

5 Year Member
tinkerbell1189 said:
Thanks :) its nice to hear he looks ok as I'm a right worrier. When I 1st had my MVB I left it on 12-14 hours and it kept blowing so took it back to the shop and he said it was overheating, and it's not designed to be on that long, the max of 6hours. Do you not have that problem with yours? He only ever basks for that long anyway as I was told that because the MVB provides a higher percentage of uv 6 hours is sufficient :/

I've never read anything that said the max time to keep it on was 6 hours. I've never had a problem with mine overheating. Maybe make a post in the enclosure section for other opinions :)

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Well good news today, he seems to have perked up a bit :) has had a nice warm soak, pooed and weed, and had a bite of dandelion leaf. He is looking for his pellets but I'm trying to persevere with the weeds, tough love... :/

Laurie

5 Year Member
tinkerbell1189 said:
Well good news today, he seems to have perked up a bit :) has had a nice warm soak, pooed and weed, and had a bite of dandelion leaf. He is looking for his pellets but I'm trying to persevere with the weeds, tough love... :/

Glad to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.