Tiniest babies I've EVER seen (at PetSmart)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nick and I went into a new petstore last night (next door to the one we bought Tallula from) - there was a cage with 8 of the TINIEST most minute little tort babies I have ever seen. If I remember the currency in the states, and the size of a penny, they were that size. Anyway, I'm got SO mad because there was NOTHING, no water, no substrate, no NADA nothing in the cage they were in. I called over the clerk and told him THERE and then, to put such and such substrate in etc etc, must have water. They were definitely all Greeks, mostly Jordanian, and either a Libyan Greek or Golden Greek. I am still so mad - I got the guys personal email address and the pet stores address, and will be sending Greek caresheets to them - the guy was petrified, and he obviously loves animals because he was so keen to learn.

So please could someone help me out with a caresheet to print out for them and will also email to them - I told him he must check his mail today and I will be there in a few days to check that he's got it sorted, otherwise BIG popo

Oh and there were 3 tiny little turtles in water and had land to go onto in the little aquarium, they looked like this pic below, just more lime green and a bit smaller.
Any idea what kind turtle it would be? SO I can help the pet store with them too.large_14turtle.JPG

Oh and we ALMOST came home with a hatchling, but decided against it ;) And I am petrified of their size, they're so small and we're happy with Tallula right now hehe :D I would worry 24/7 about the baby, already worry about Miss Adventurous lol

Last edited by a moderator:

iridedumped

5 Year Member
this was a petsmart? i wish the petsmarts in the us had some more exotic torts...im so curious about how they looked and how small they were. but yeah that sucks about them not having anything in there for their torts. :(

im guessing the 3 baby turtles could be red ear sliders or maybe river cooters... adunno

Stazz

5 Year Member
Yep its just opened here, wasn't open two weeks ago - pretty boring bare pet store. They all looked good, they were all eating some romaine (only good thing I saw!) three in one corner, 4 in the other, and the little golden greek was on his own in another corner! Was too sad - was very hard for me NOT to take them ALL home! They were absolutely tiny tiny, heres a pic attached to show you how small.coin in hand.jpg

iridedumped

5 Year Member
i cant resist tiny torts. i would have probably bought a couple if they were over here. all we have in houston's petsmarts are full grown russians

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stace,
I am sad for these poor little babies but I am happy that because of you, they are going to be ok :D and I am glad the employee at the pet store wants to make the appropriate changes. I checked on a couple of site I like about tortoise, and they do not have the caresheet of greeks
:(. I am sure someone here will be able to help you :)
It is really nice what you are doing :D

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks Isa ! I hope the pet store actually do as told, I warned them I'd check up on them :D I'm sure there are loads of other pet stores but these two are close to me, and at least I know I'm doing something to help them (apart from taking them home hehe). I'm going to look around for th best Greek care sheet to give to them, until someone comes online, like Danny :p

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
Thanks Isa ! I hope the pet store actually do as told, I warned them I'd check up on them :D I'm sure there are loads of other pet stores but these two are close to me, and at least I know I'm doing something to help them (apart from taking them home hehe). I'm going to look around for th best Greek care sheet to give to them, until someone comes online, like Danny :p

It is a very good idea to go back to see if they did the changes :D The way you are talking about them, I am sure they want the turtles and tortoises happy because if not, I dont thing they would have gave you their e-mail adresses.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
The turtles look like Scripta scripta to me, not sure need better photo, Definitely from the Trachemys species. Good luck
with the shop..

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks Yvonne - maybe I should go there and take a photo, but not sure if they'll let me. I'll force it ! Just so that I can help them help new owners!

Actually Yvonne I think you're right - I googled scripta scripta, found this pic - if you look right the the bottom right corner of the pic, you can see the lime green one compared to the other green ones, that was what they looked like.scripta scripta034.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks soooooo much Danny !!!!!!! You really are a star !!! I'm gonna be the Pet Store police woman hahaha. thanks again :D
Any idea where I can find a care sheet for RES Dan?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
They must have some sort of corporate office that would be interested in hearing what you saw and have to say.. I know laws are different in other areas, but they still should be interested in the welfare of the animals.
And YES! go back and take a picture.. and tell them it is for proper ID thur your experts.. so you can get the right care info to them. :)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Aw thanks Laura !!! I will find out who's the best person in this darn place to speak to, Dubai is another story completely I tell ya. Nothing is easy when it comes to pets and animals - but I will make it my mission to find the correct authority. And DEF about the pics - thats a good one, and its true, we do need pics to help them :D Thanks Laura!
I'll keep you guys posted

Status
Not open for further replies.