Timmy's Tiki hut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmytort

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the kind words, it was a labor of love but I'm not sure I would do it again haha. Concrete is a good comparison to Arizona dirt that's for sure. As for you dbsneed69 I'm sure your wife is like mine. She might freak out at the site of a hole but would appreciate the final result. That was the only stipulation with my wife
, I could do what I wanted for Timmy as long as it didn't cost a fortune and it looked nice. If she didn't like it I would have to fix it but she loves it!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very very Nice ! ...... Great job on design and follow thru~
Thats one happy sullie" :)
JD~:)

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bangkok
Wow, this is pretty great. Well done!!!!
I love the picture with the beer. :D That made ma laugh...

Timmytort

5 Year Member
I need help with irrigation, is anyone in the area of Phoenix familiar with that? I moved here a year ago and I have zero experience with these systems

Timmytort

5 Year Member
Update...Irrigation is done, I spent an hour at a lowes and spoke to someone who had all the answers. Later that same day I was the proud new owner or a recently seeded area with 4 sprinklers that pop up out of the ground. It was actually very easy to do so if anyone needs help let me know. I will be taking some pics as soon as there is noticeable growth. I planted a seed mix I got from the AZ tortoise compound (shameless plug)!

Also the ceramic heat emitter is installed since we should be getting out first nights to dip below 70 soon.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
That's awesome congrats and how long did it take you and money also :D

morloch

5 Year Member
Awesome!! My boyfriend was very Impressed by this as well!! I might have one in the future!!! Lol

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am so jealous of people that are creative build such cool enclosures. I suck at building.

Timmytort

5 Year Member
Time to answer questions, Guru I sent a pm but for everyone else it was very inexpensive. Well for the final result it was inexpensive. My high sided estimate is somewhere around $300. That includes the cost of everything like building materials, irrigation, the ceramic heat emitter and dome fixture and the pick axe I purchased to dig. Arizona dirt is hard!

Laramie, I wish they would use him. I am a Buffett fan and I enjoy the lager so it would be awesome, maybe I should email them the pic.

Angi, don't be so tough on yourself I'm sure you could come up with a cool idea. If not send me a message we can chat it out and get something rolling and build a sweet setup. That goes for anybody I love being involved in things like this so feel free to ask me for anything.

Timmytort

5 Year Member
Ok Timmy is driving me nuts! He just turned 3 and is just over 8 inches. He has an awesome outdoor enclosure which works cuz I live near Phoenix. Anyway he is eating me out of my home. I recently installed some irrigation so I could grow some grass and weeds for him. The problem is he eats all the stuff before it can really grow. I have tried feeding him as much as possible but he still grazes down all the newly planted grass. He eats at least 2 heads of romaine each day and some mazuri and the seedling grass. How do I grow the grass before he eats it all?

Status
Not open for further replies.