Time Out for Bad Behavior

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1392924844.628329.jpg I took Sully to the park today...First day of really nice weather. What does he do straightaway? Before I can blink an eye he chomps on an old filter of a smoke. Omg. Ever tried getting something out of a sulcata mouth? We played tug-o-war and I broke half of it off (he ended up getting some cotton fibers) but he stubbornly refused to come back out of his shell until he had finished the rest.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1392925085.450522.jpg

He must have (in my Momma brain) known I was ticked because he started to walk away... With his orange backpack he resembled a disgruntled six year old stomping off to "run away".

The next couple hours, while still outside, he is confined to a shopping basket with some new dandelions. (Yeh, we son't give ice cream to kids while they are in time out, but I am rationalizing his sulcata brain doesn't know that.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
that's one good reason why you don't take them to the park... other reasons,, Dogs, weed killer, thiefs.......

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
Well this isn't a "real" park, which is why I figured it would be safer. Obviously not.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1392925671.829887.jpg

Kids can get in trouble anywhere :(

Last edited by a moderator:

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Laura said:
that's one good reason why you don't take them to the park... other reasons,, Dogs, weed killer, thiefs.......

Mine would find cig filters in my yard, and we don't smoke. It could happen anywhere....

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
For visibility... He turns into Waldo every time he goes though leaves, ya know....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I love the back pack. So cute. Did you make it or buy it from the doggie area of a pet store?
Next time you take him out, just scope the area before letting him loose. Yes, that kind of stuff can be found anyplace.