Tiago and Tietá breeding! Need Help. Incubator setups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
Well Tiago and Tietá have been mating everyday for the last 14 days or so...well that's what ive noticed. Tiago is soo loud, with his mouth open he sounds like a liccle' pig ;-)

I just want to know...

Redfoot breeders, what incubators do you use?
What temperatures for hatching?
Humidity Level?

Also the substrate is deepest in her hide area...Is this where Tietá will lay if she lays?

Thankyou very much!

Bump..

allegraf

10 Year Member!
If a ping pong ball can fit, she should be able to safely lay eggs.

Okay, I use a hovabator incubator, vermiculite for substrate, 83-84F for temps and no idea where she will lay her eggs. Good luck.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
I had two really good soft spots for my female redfoot to lay eggs. And then out of the blue one evening, she dug a hole and laid 3 eggs in one of their hides. I didn't understand that one at all. It was hard ground and she still managed to pull it off. That night we dug the eggs up and it was like excavating Dinosaur bones. I couldn't believe how hard she packed those eggs in the ground without breaking them. It was like 3 golf balls that had been buried for years. I'm still shocked and amazed how she did that. There's no way I could replicate thAt with a small garden shovel. Truly amazing. :)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I have 2 hovabators that have worked great for me. 80% to 100% humidity and 84 to 86 degrees. My torts lay outside all the time

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
bigred said:
I have 2 hovabators that have worked great for me. 80% to 100% humidity and 84 to 86 degrees. My torts lay outside all the time

I'm glad you wrote that. My little giant incubator is set on those exact numbers. :)

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
I notice your female is a cherryhead and your male is a redfoot. What would you call the babies?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats tyler0912. Hope you get beautiful healthy babies. Don't forget pics when it happens. :)

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
turtlelady80 said:
I notice your female is a cherryhead and your male is a redfoot. What would you call the babies?

RedHeads. ;-) Usually what we call ginger people! :p

and thanks Wellington, I definetly will!

Status
Not open for further replies.