Three Toed Box Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dallas,TX
Looking for any information to help me with my box turtle. He's shell is about two and a half inches. Ive had him for a short time. Currently I have him in a 20L terrarium with potting soil three inches deep and some coconut fiber on top with three small pothos planted. Have a water bowl that is like a ramp so he can get in it and i dont have any type of feeding bowl. Have been feeding him nightcrawlers but he stopped eatting those so I started giving him Superworms (kingworms) and ive tried putting fresh fruits and veggies in there but he wont eat them. I dust the superworms with calcium 2:1 ratio once a day. So this about all the info I know to give before asking some questions. Am I giving him the right food and giving him the right supplements? What type of heat lamp and uva/uvb light should I be using. What about the humidity? What should it be at and what are the best ways to keep it were it needs to be. Basically im just trying to find someone that can give me all the info I need to take care of my boxie the right way and keep him happy. Thanks very much for helping. I will try to add a picture of him and his habitat tomorrow.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cain:

Welcome to the Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My vet said to mix Muzuri with fruits and veggies to get a more balanced diet.

Cain

5 Year Member
Dallas,TX
I live in dallas texas. Starting to get cold here so gonna bring him in for the winter

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Three toed Box turtles are the greatest friend anyone can have.

It's getting less light and winter is approching, he's body is telling him it's almost time to hibernate.

Status
Not open for further replies.