Three terrific torts in Arizona!

PharSytid

Location (City and/or State)
Glendale Arizona
Hello from Wanda, Schnoz, Vex (Sulcata's) and myself (human F). My tort trio of 6 week old Sulcata hatchlings are my first experience with non-fuzzies and I quickly found out that personality doesn't require fur! Each of my non-fuzzies are wonderfully unique with their own temperaments, likes and dislikes and I am thrilled with them. I saw the exact moment that Wanda first learned how to step on her food in order to get a doable size bite; Schnoz has a wicked appetite for cucumbers and they all love the cilantro salad I make for them. I look forward to all the things to come and enjoyment to be had with my trio. Vex, (short for convex due to his shell) is my special little tort. He is from the same batch as Wanda and Schnoz, however, he was a week later coming up from down in the burrow. He is much smaller than his siblings and his shell is misshapen- kinda scrunched in the front and rounded on the belly- but he gets around and eats (and eliminates) like a champ! I took him into my veterinarian (same doc for 40 years) for a wellness check and I have monitored his weight weekly and he went from 27.8 grams to 31.4 grams in four days. I have a check up appointment this Friday for Vex. AND an idea I will discuss with the doc about a way that might potentially help Vex's curved belly! I also am just about finished with his customized food bowl that will allow him to eat in a position better for him since his tummy curve slightly limits his neck length to go down to the "ground" as it normally would. I will post pics soon. Glad to be here and thanks for reading about my terrific tantalizing trio!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, Human (F), and welcome to the Forum! ;)

N

no one

Hello Wanda, Schnoz and Vex!! *glimlach* And the human, not to forget. Lol