Three-Striped Mud Turtles: BOLD & PINSTRIPE

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
View attachment 297524
This is a picture of Pinstripe from late March 2020. I don't know if you can tell from the picture or not, but the girl has GROWN. When this was taken, Pinstripe weighed in at 198 grams and measured 3 & 25/32 inches. Making our little Pinstripe the second biggest turtle in the house (after the boxie). That means Bold is now third.
GOSH!!! She is really BEAUTIFUL!!!?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
It's been a while since I've updated this thread. Recently we tried putting some live green plants in the mud turtle tank, and they basically took them apart... Literally.

They freed the clump of anacharis from its shackles and uprooted everything else. They had fun with the salad bar.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
It's been a while since I've updated this thread. Recently we tried putting some live green plants in the mud turtle tank, and they basically took them apart... Literally.

They freed the clump of anacharis from its shackles and uprooted everything else. They had fun with the salad bar.
YES!!! All my turtles (and my tortoise, too, for that matter...) are little bulldozers! And I"m with you: they really seem to ENJOY shredding the plants!!! which makes a huge mess that ends up in the filter, which starts coughing and choking...?

The only live plants that survive in Millie's tank are pothos tied onto a side-hanging shower caddy so that the roots are in the water and leaves are above the water. Millie LOVES to rub back and forth in the roots that come out below it. I also have a peace lily in a perforated pot sitting on the sand. That keeps the roots below water and leaves above- but it's been less successful, since she enjoys climbing the pot and pushing it over. Any part of the leaves that get into the water turn brown, so it looks pretty ratty...but she doesn't seem to mind!

They are wonderfully entertaining little destruction machines!!!?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
YES!!! All my turtles (and my tortoise, too, for that matter...) are little bulldozers! And I"m with you: they really seem to ENJOY shredding the plants!!! which makes a huge mess that ends up in the filter, which starts coughing and choking...?

The only live plants that survive in Millie's tank are pothos tied onto a side-hanging shower caddy so that the roots are in the water and leaves are above the water. Millie LOVES to rub back and forth in the roots that come out below it. I also have a peace lily in a perforated pot sitting on the sand. That keeps the roots below water and leaves above- but it's been less successful, since she enjoys climbing the pot and pushing it over. Any part of the leaves that get into the water turn brown, so it looks pretty ratty...but she doesn't seem to mind!

They are wonderfully entertaining little destruction machines!!!?
Tiny turtle demolition crew... At your service! ?