Thoughts on our President's revealing his Long Form birth certificate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
I'm thinking "a lot of tantrums over nothing"...seems to me he was checked out before he was allowed to run for the Presidency, right?

Wonder if this'll prove to be as much of a waste of tax-payer $$$ as Ken Starr's Clinton witch-hunt.

Thoughts?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I think some people are always looking for controversy and Obama not releasing it in the first place only gave people fuel to gripe and complain. I hope this will be the end of it, but I am sure people will find fault within the birth certificate. America wouldn't be America without all the conspiracy theorist's..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't believe anything any of them say. I think both parties need to be physically ousted and some damn common sense brought back into the equation. We all know the documents and doctrines that made this country great. We need to go back to following them once again to return to greatness. Sadly, I don't know if that will ever happen...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I haven't been following it, but the only times I've heard it on the news was with clips from Trump. So in that case, my stance is that Trump is doing what he's doing (all of it) for publicity for his TV show. He's not really going to run for president and he could care less about the Pres's birth certificate.

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
I would rather see his college transcripts, I do find it a bit confusing that he waited 3 years to show his birth certificate. I had to show mine to renew my drivers licenses never mind be president.

jwhite

5 Year Member
west milwaukee,wi
Here is my thought on the whole thing. If you need to be an American citizen to be President and since one of his parents is for sure an American citizen wouldn't that make him a citizen also no matter where he was born.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
AS far as I know america does not have dual citizenship rules. I am pretty sure he is a citizen simply on the fact that if hilary clinton did not find anything (and we all know how badly she wanted to be president) then there is nothing really to be found. I do find it funny I could not use a certificate of love birth to get my drivers license when I turned 16, I had to have an actual birth certificate with all the hospital documentation, no photocopies allowed, i have it of course, just in case I want to run for president one day. As for donald trump I like some of what he is saying but I think he is really doing this for publicity value and nothing more, but who knows stranger things have happened.

my 2 cents which in this economy is worth about 3/4 of a cent now

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
As taxpayers, we have the right to see documents belonging to public officials that are part of the public record. Sealing of documents costs taxpayers money, leaving them as public record does not.

John McCain was forced to show proof of his citizenship due to the fact that he was born in Panama, is there any reason why Obama should not have been public with his birth certificate?

I am a believer in the concept that a public official should be just that, public.... Regardless of party affiliation. If Clinton dodged the draft, we should know about it. If Bush JR. screwed around with his military "service" during Vietnam and acted as a true 'fortunate son' then we deserve to know about it. If Obama grew up in Indonesia and miraculously seems to have never had any fiends throughout his entire life that remember anything about him during elementary school, primary school, undergrad and grad school, then we have a right to know about it.

In my opinion, both parties are currently on the wrong track.

"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." - R.R.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The only thing I see it as is a big win for The Donald. I think he's kind of a dope for bringing it up, and I don't think Obama was any better giving into it. I just hope Trump doesn't ride this one thing for the next year and a half.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I read an article about this today and liked one of the comments:
He's proven now that he has a birth certificate from Hawaii. He was most definitely born there. So why aren't you satisfied? Why can't you admit that he's an American? This is why we question the motives of people who "just aren't satisfied." with solid, verifiable proof. Ask yourself, what possible piece of evidence would satisfy you at this point? If there is none, than you have already made up your mind.

I SO want to send that to my cousin, who frequently posts Facebook statuses about how Obama's birth certificate is fake. He drives me insane.

Someone's post on another forum:

Anyway, Donald Trump has reacted, and apparently his reaction can be summarized as:
-why didn't Obama release it sooner
-I, Donald Trump, am awesome, because I made Obama release it
-the birth certificate is still suspect and should be investigated
;)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think it's sad that it came to this.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
jwhite said:
Here is my thought on the whole thing. If you need to be an American citizen to be President and since one of his parents is for sure an American citizen wouldn't that make him a citizen also no matter where he was born.

You have to be natural born (per the Constitution).

Robert said:
As taxpayers, we have the right to see documents belonging to public officials that are part of the public record. Sealing of documents costs taxpayers money, leaving them as public record does not.

John McCain was forced to show proof of his citizenship due to the fact that he was born in Panama, is there any reason why Obama should not have been public with his birth certificate?

I am a believer in the concept that a public official should be just that, public.... Regardless of party affiliation. If Clinton dodged the draft, we should know about it. If Bush JR. screwed around with his military "service" during Vietnam and acted as a true 'fortunate son' then we deserve to know about it. If Obama grew up in Indonesia and miraculously seems to have never had any fiends throughout his entire life that remember anything about him during elementary school, primary school, undergrad and grad school, then we have a right to know about it.

BEST POST YET! :)

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Tom said:
I don't believe anything any of them say. I think both parties need to be physically ousted and some damn common sense brought back into the equation. We all know the documents and doctrines that made this country great. We need to go back to following them once again to return to greatness. Sadly, I don't know if that will ever happen...
Common sense just isn't PC anymore,Tom.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Candy said:
jwhite said:

You have to be natural born (per the Constitution).

Robert said:

BEST POST YET! :)

I will second that. BEST POST YET!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Tom said:

Agreed...be they called Demopublican or Republicrat, they're still just two sides of the same counterfeit coin...

Robert said:

Other than pointing out that Obama DID prove his citizenship before Congress, (otherwise, he would never have been allowed to run in the 1st place), an excellent post...it's time for these politicians to go back to working for the American people, not themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.