Thoughts on Carolina Pet Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymizz

5 Year Member
I ordered some TNT with Probiotics and received confirmation of payment. I have still not heard anything back, like a tracking number that shows my item was shipped, Nor will they answer their phone or return my calls.

Is this common for this place?

I thought a lot of people like this vendor, but this is going on for almost a week now. I was really hoping to get some of the TNT with Probiotics for my torts, especially one that is taking antibiotics currently. Wish they would at least respond.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I ordered some stuff on October 19. It was shipped out on the 29th. If you log into your account on their site you can keep track of your order and they post the shipment tracking number there when it's sent out.

mightymizz

5 Year Member
It took TEN days got them to even start the shipping process?? Doesn't that seem a little long? Unless there were other circumstances at play here, that seems just an outrageous amount of time to even ship out the item. Just my opinion.

Plus the fact they won't answer phone or return calls. So far I am unimpressed.

Like I said, in my or your situation, maybe there are outside circumstances we are unaware of which would make more sense, but barring that, I am not pleased with this customer service so far. Hope my one item doesn't take 10 days just to ship out.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Yeah I thought it was a little bit too long...and there was no mention of them being out of stock of something that I had to wait for or anything like that. After I made my order they sent an order confirmation email saying thanks, listing my items, order #, total $, delivery and billing address...

Then on the 29th when it was shipped they sent another email stating it was shipped and providing the tracking #. In between I was wondering what happened. Did I miss an email about a tracking #? Did they forget? Were they out of stock at the time on one or more items I ordered? etc.

Before that, I ordered something 11/29/11. Same email right after I ordered. It was shipped out on 12/5/11.

mightymizz

5 Year Member
This is basically the same information I received also.

The bigger thing bothering me is the fact that I've called, left a couple of messages, and still no response.

If they typically take a week (or longer) to actually ship an item, then they really should mention it on their website so people can know going it that it will be a longer turn around time to get their products.

Up to this point, I am not very pleased with this situation.

Like I already said, if there was some emergency or whatnot, then yes a different perspective would be applied accordingly. For now, I have to assume this is "business as usual" for this place.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I like them. Have never had any trouble with ordering and receiving from them.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I have never had any trouble when order TNT and/or seeds from them. I have been very pleased. :tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I had placed two orders with them. I didn't have any problems either. All I can say, is they are legit and you should get your purchase. Not sure why they aren't responding.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
I have always been pleased with them. I recieve my items in about 10 days.
I am not sure why it is taking so long with your order but I can tell you this..... carolina pet supply is run entierly by a husband and wife team and they make the TNT and do all the ordering and shipping.....I hope that they are just busy and that is what is going on with your order, they seem like a nice family and are small business owners who love (and keep) torts.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have never had anything but above superior service. THEY would call me and leave me messages on any problems and to keep me informed at to when things would be shipped, never did I have to check up on them. I recommend this place and anybody who knows me, knows I very seldom recommend any place. I would try calling Karen or Joe again and find out what is happening... or leave the question on their company site even.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I to have never had a problem always fast shipping maybe it's back ordered

mightymizz

5 Year Member
Ok so I did finally get a return call. Item is back ordered.

My only suggestion now would be for them to somehow let the customer know that the ordered item is on back order without the customer having to make the initial effort at communication.

I am pleased with my return call. I still wish they (as the business) would've made the effort to get a hold of me, but now I at least know what is up with my order.

min7586

5 Year Member
mightymizz said:
I ordered some TNT with Probiotics and received confirmation of payment. I have still not heard anything back, like a tracking number that shows my item was shipped, Nor will they answer their phone or return my calls.

Is this common for this place?

I thought a lot of people like this vendor, but this is going on for almost a week now. I was really hoping to get some of the TNT with Probiotics for my torts, especially one that is taking antibiotics currently. Wish they would at least respond.

I ordered the same thing from them and it arrived in 5 days...faster than my amazon order.

srod

5 Year Member
New Orleans
Funny I found this thread, on the 15th I ordered some seeds and by the 17th I got an e-mail with tracking info saying that my seeds had been shipped out. South Carolina isnt very far from Louisiana so i imagined I'd have my items in a few days. Yet, here we are a week after it was "shipped" and i still haven't received anything. Now that the holidays have arrived, I doubt I'll see anything till later this week, if i do. Just strange.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Joe heinen from carolinapetsupply has a yahoo group Redfoot_Tortoise which I am a member of. I have tried several times unsuccessfully to post a link to this forum. Many members there could use this amazing forum. My posts have been blocked after needing moderator approval :(. When I asked why I cant post he was not very nice!
For that reason I would never buy anything from him. All I was trying to do was share info. His loss as well as all of those members!

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
CharlieM said:
Joe heinen from carolinapetsupply has a redfoot yahoo group which I am a member of. I have tried several times unsuccessfully to post a link to this forum. Many members there could use this amazing forum. My posts have been blocked after needing moderator approval :(. When I asked why I cant post he was not very nice!
For that reason I would never buy anything from him. All I was trying to do was share info. His loss as well as all of those members!

prior to being a member on this forum I was a member of his Russian forum.
I posted a thread asking about Mazuri and what were its benefits and issues because I had never used it before and it seememd like people were not talking about it. I asked (I thought politly) and he answered me (I thought impolitely)
He told me not to talk about it anymore and that Mazuir has no value......if I wanted to LEARN I would have to do it elsewere.

I am still a member of the forum but I no longer go on it or post. :(

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
He emailed me back saying he doesn't like promoting other forums. I told him I was leaving his group.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Interesting... I waited forever to receive my orders. Never returned my calls and didn't receive my add-on with my second order by phone. But what I did order was very nice when it did finally arrive. I will order from them again, but I will not hold me breath waiting to hear from them or waiting for the order.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Irwin4530 said:
CharlieM said:
Joe heinen from carolinapetsupply has a redfoot yahoo group which I am a member of. I have tried several times unsuccessfully to post a link to this forum. Many members there could use this amazing forum. My posts have been blocked after needing moderator approval :(. When I asked why I cant post he was not very nice!

prior to being a member on this forum I was a member of his Russian forum.
I posted a thread asking about Mazuri and what were its benefits and issues because I had never used it before and it seememd like people were not talking about it. I asked (I thought politly) and he answered me (I thought impolitely)
He told me not to talk about it anymore and that Mazuir has no value......if I wanted to LEARN I would have to do it elsewere.

I am still a member of the forum but I no longer go on it or post. :(

I stopped posting on that forum for similar reasons. The feel of the forum is a little close-minded, IMO, and leaves no room for debate or alternative styles of husbandry.

However, I've never had any problems from Carolina Pet Supply. I buy TNT from them regularly and have always received prompt, friendly service.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I live like 15 minutes from their supposed HQ but they don't run a physical store. I've thought of ordering things and being like.. can I just meet you at X location instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.