Thor's new home

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

We have been re-arranging the house so I thought I would redo Thor's home too! All the plants are live, the substrate is a peat moss/soil mix with sphagnum moss and mulch in spots. I think he will like it especially now that he has discovered the joys of digging!

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

Hide #1
IMG_2734.jpg

Hide #2
IMG_2738.jpg

Hmm this is new
IMG_2740.jpg

Oh whats this?
IMG_2742.jpg

OH FOOD!
IMG_2737.jpg

Hmm an edible hide, I like it!
IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

Where did Thor go?
IMG_2747.jpg

sammi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Looks gooood. I'm assuming you grow all your plants FIRST, then put them into his enclosure? Anything I try to plant in Ernie's house dies, because of lack of sunlight.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Very cool enclosure, those plants look yummy to him I bet!

Sammi- As far as plants dying due to lack of light. Have you tried hanging a grow light over the top of the enclosure? Not only will it brighten up the enclosure, it will provide the necessary light to promote plant growth.

Here is a pick of what I was talking about.
IndoorEnclosure4.jpg

The white hood on the left of the pic has 2 grow lights and I just simply built the crossbeam it's hanging from.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
I do have his light hanging over his warm side, but if I put the plants on that side, the light is too intense for them and they die. I typically try to put them on the humid side (since it holds more moisture for the plants too) but they get no light..

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Nice zinnias and marigold, and what kind of sedum-type plant is that other? Looks almost like a moss rose.

Thor should have plenty of novelty in her new surroundings to keep her interested and lively. :D

S

Scooter

Sammi I have tried to grow things from seeds in his enclosure and they just get eaten before they get to big. So everything is grown first then put in. I am not sure how long I will be able to keep the plants alive the Christmas cactus should be fine since that actually came from his last enclosure and seems to do fine in there but the rest I am not sure about.

Stephanie, it is moss rose and I am thinking about putting in some aloe just not sure where it would go and if it would be too much.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Looks awesome. Love the hides. Very tort friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.