this is horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
That is depressing. Of course, on my Turtle Conservancy DVD I had to hide my eyes when the researchers came upon piles of just-butchered Chaco shells and talked to one of the locals about the tortoise's attributes as he gestured to various areas of the bloodied shell. I know there are people in the world who have to eat tortoises, but I don't really want to see it at all.

Since this "ad's" turtle is in China, I doubt there is an SPCA to report the greedy, exploiting, immoral owner to. :(

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Turtle is a huge dish in china too :( actually, the rise of the Chinese economy has led to the first rise in the poaching of endangered African animals in a long time (had been going down, for the most part, since the 1970s when a lot of governments took action) as well as many other species of tiger, etc. Now they can afford to buy ivory and endangered furs and their government doesn't regulate it :( worst part about a poor country becoming more wealthy

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
That's absolutely ridiculous

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
How stupid can people be, my torts are in the house and i smoke but i go outside to smoke because of my kids and animals,my decision to smoke, not theirs..these people are asses

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I LOVE Jean Luc...and that expresses my feelings exactly!!

Madortoise

5 Year Member
AGGGhhh!
A knuckle head!! If enough people complained about China allowing this he may get punished by Chinese government and made example of by being thrown into a jail full of leeches or something.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Laura said:
Do turtles even Inhale thru thier mouths?
Dumb either way..
Its toxic..

I saw that on UTube quite a while ago and at that time I was thinking that the RES (because their first instinct is to bite)bit at the end of the cig that was being pushed in its face. Once a turtle bites down, its hard to make them let go. I really don't think the turtle actually is smoking the cig. I think it is just burning down naturally. In the video it never looked like there was any inhaling going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.