things to put in baby Hermann tortoise enclosure

madi000

Location (City and/or State)
CO
Hi , Im preparing for my first tortoise ! it is a baby Hermann tortoise. I have a tortoise table set up- its roughly 2feet by 3feet. For substrate I'm planning on using a 50/50 combo of organic top soil and Eco-earth and dehydrated moss, with drawer liners and a trash bag lining the wood where the dirt touches. For food and water dishes I have two small terra-cotta pot saucer I was planning on using. Ive build in a large hide in the tortoise table using a piece of wood to cover one side with a wall with an opening for the little guy to enter. Since my table is on the larger side I want to make sure there are some things in there so its more exciting. Im planning on putting a slate rock down near the basking bulb to help keep temps warm, I also am planning on putting another small hide in his enclosure so he has some options and places where I can put extra moss so he has really humid spots. In terms of other things for the enclosure I am wondering what are things that are unsafe and should stay away from. Are there specific materials to steer clear of, what are ways I can ensure everything in the enclosure is safe for a baby and won't make it easy to hurt himself, flip over or get stuck.
Im so exciting to welcome my little guy into the family! once the enclosure is more finished ill post photos!
Im new to tortoises and appreciate any help you have to offer!!
-I look forward to hearing from you guys:)