Thermostats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I've been doing reviews on the Zilla 1000watt Thermostat. I'd like to put my CHE on a thermostat instead of a timer, finally, but I am reading too many bad reviews.

What thermostat do you use?

How long have you used it?

Any problems, issues yet?

Thanks for the help.

What about the Hydrofarm Digital Thermostat?
My husband is reading great reviews about this one....

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I've been using the Zilla 1000 watt in one enclosure for about 6 months and I've had zero issues with it. It takes a little to dial it in, but I think that's true with anything.
I also use a zoomed Hygrotherm 1000watt controller in an other enclosure for 6 months with zero issues. I buy mine on eBay so the price was good. I've got back ups times 2 for everything.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
I have used Herpstats from www.spyderrobotics.com for year now with zero issues. I currently have 12 of them in use. I plan to use them for all of my thermostat needs forever.

abclements

5 Year Member
I use the ZooMed HygroTherm humidity and temp controller. The only complaint i have is that it spans from 50 degrees to 120 and if you want to decrease temps, you have to go around the horn...

Jd3

5 Year Member
I've used the hydrofarm in my turtle and aquarium setups for years. I love them.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Thermostats

Jd3 said:
I've used the hydrofarm in my turtle and aquarium setups for years. I love them.

This is good news. Its what i ordered. Hopefully, i have the same results :)

Jd3

5 Year Member
Team Gomberg said:
Jd3 said:

This is good news. Its what i ordered. Hopefully, i have the same results :)

I've got five or six running for at least 3 years, some more. No problems.

Steve_McQueen

5 Year Member
I've had a Herpstat 1 for about a month now, and dig it enough that I'm seriously considering getting a Herpstat 4.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Steve_McQueen said:
I've had a Herpstat 1 for about a month now, and dig it enough that I'm seriously considering getting a Herpstat 4.

I have a Herpstat 4 as well, and it is great. The ONLY negative is that you don't have the same flexibility to regulate enclosures in different rooms like you would if you had 4 separate thermostats. Other than that, it is a top notch product and I love it. The biggest advantage is probably that it costs much less than 4 separate thermostats of equal quality would cost.

jerbs

5 Year Member
St. Paul, MN
I bought the Big Apple Herps BAH-1000 a month or so ago and it's working well so far. Haven't read any bad reviews on it being used over long periods of time.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
jerbs said:
I bought the Big Apple Herps BAH-1000 a month or so ago and it's working well so far. Haven't read any bad reviews on it being used over long periods of time.

I have heard/read great things about the Big Apple. It also has one of the bigger price tags, so it better be good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.