The unexpected Gardner

Ddflinn

Location (City and/or State)
SPRING VALLEY CA
I never imagined that becoming a tort owner would be so complicated, scary and utterly joyful all at the same time. During my 11 month process , I’ve really become quite fond of designing their outdoor habitat. I always killed all my plants prior to owning these sweet angels. Now I research daily and add beautiful tasty plants for my Russians, and they’re all still alive. I even started buying and cultivating from seeds. Very advanced for me. Totally unexpected from my original idea of tort owning. After all the bad info online . When I found this site and read the info my heart sank and I literally cried. I did everything I thought was right and it was all wrong. Thankfully they survived my ignorance. I look forward daily seeing everyone’s tortoises and sharing my little ones as well

Attachments

• 1D20C2C3-3F43-4998-A748-1935597CF019.jpeg
    1D20C2C3-3F43-4998-A748-1935597CF019.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 11

kaeline

california
I never imagined that becoming a tort owner would be so complicated, scary and utterly joyful all at the same time. During my 11 month process , I’ve really become quite fond of designing their outdoor habitat. I always killed all my plants prior to owning these sweet angels. Now I research daily and add beautiful tasty plants for my Russians, and they’re all still alive. I even started buying and cultivating from seeds. Very advanced for me. Totally unexpected from my original idea of tort owning. After all the bad info online . When I found this site and read the info my heart sank and I literally cried. I did everything I thought was right and it was all wrong. Thankfully they survived my ignorance. I look forward daily seeing everyone’s tortoises and sharing my little ones as well
I can relate, I got my tortoise last december and was following all the wrong info until I found this forum. Initially I was overwhelmed but now my little one is well cared for and I'm growing things like cactus and wheat grass when I also wasn't the best gardener previously. Your torts are lucky to have an owner that cares for them so much!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I have one really old hibiscus that gives me a ton of new ones every year so now I have more Hibiscus Plants than Butterfly bushes! I also have three mulberry trees that I am training into bushes. Tortoise ownership equals gardening requirements! They don't tell you that on Facebook!