The Ugly Trio....

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
and...a touch of pyramiding sure does offer up a hand hold when you need to move them....:p...I have some redfoot torts here that I adopted from a prior forum member, they were heavily pyramided at their small size and it is sure alot easier to get a good hold on them when I moved them....now they are harder to move because the newer growth is smoother (not perfect, but smoother)...'

By the way, those are beautiful torts...

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Congratulations on getting eggs!! That's very exciting!!! :)

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Long Island, New York
Why do you say they are ugly?! They are lovely x

May I ask if you house your Hermanns together? If so;

(1) How many?
(2) What ages
(3) What size enclosure if INSIDE at any time

Many thanx

I do house the trio together as the male is not overly aggressive. They are in a temporary enclosure. I do not have the exact sizes at the moment but if I were to guess it is about 4'x5'. Not even close in size to the enclosure I am going to make next week. I only have three of them and I have no clue what ages they are. I purchased these tortoises from Gary Bright so he may know. This is the enclosure I bought for the trio http://www.homedepot.com/p/Paveston...g-Kit-in-Cafe-RSK53369/204503655?N=5yc1vZbx7a If it is not large enough I will return it and buy a new one. I also am buying two other ones for my other tortoises, I will make the escape proof.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That will make a nice enclosure, however, its very expensive. You can get something much cheaper by not buying it in kit form.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Ugly? Why? They're gorgeous!

May, Aussies, & THBs
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES