The tortoise and the Drum

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
Ok so I know that tortoises can't hear, but they are sensitive to vibrations. So would a drum set hurt them if they are in the same room with one? The room isn't very big. (Obliviously I would be playing the drums)

theelectraco

5 Year Member
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Ok so I know that tortoises can't hear, but they are sensitive to vibrations.

I think you already answered your own question.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
A few weeks ago, we had some work done in the kitchen. Sawing the old countertop shook the entire main floor so I checked on my baby boxie and red foot. The baby had come out of her burrow and they were both pacing their enclosure in what looked to me like a panic. That was quite distressing to witness. I realize its not the same as a drum set but, it just goes to show how sensitive they are to vibrations.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
I have mine in the laundry room but they all seem to not be bothered by the washer and dryer. Nothing changes with them while they are on. But, IMO I would never play the drums in the same room as them. I think they would be really bothered by it

theelectraco

5 Year Member
If you can rearrange your schedule so that they are soaking in a different room while you play the drums it may work out but I wouldn't play with them in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.